The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs vs link

nicky

So it’s been covered in the past but there’s new options from both Brands and with technology only advancing let’s cover it again...

I’m in the process of ordering all my bits for my rebuild/forge build aiming for the 1xxx hp mark but I need to out the AEM infinity as I’m not a fan, so it needs a replacement.

The new s7plus is out for syvecs but it just seems a bit out of my price range, by the time you factor in sensors, mapping and the unit it’ll be around 4.5-5k with an already approaching 20k bill it just isn’t do-able for me.

Now link... they do a plug and play supra kit which im not sure on pricing maybe someone knows and I can update this post? But from what I hear they’re half the price of the syvecs unit.

Any information on either brand, wether it be prices, pros and cons I’ll update the post so it can be a future guide for anyone needing to know.

aiming for the 1xxx hp mark.

You'd be a fool to scrimp on the ECU, Syvecs every time.

I mean I wouldn’t call going link scrimping but I get the syvecs is better over link, just don’t know the absolute ins and outs on what the syvecs offers over the link

Just did the same build and had the same thoughts but didn't want to scrimp and regret it, so went S7+ with all the sensors. Also Romain (Racecal) mapping it.

How much did it cost you all in if you don’t mind me asking? I think the s6plus is a fair bit cheaper

Then I would go with what he suggests. As an FYI, the S6 and S6Plus were replaced with the S7 and S7Plus respectively, S7 if manual and S7Plus if auto.

S7 range has superseded the s6 range yes but the S7 Plus isn't just for auto cars, it has more inputs and features than the S7. My car is a factory 6 speed but I went with the S7+.

2 days to map it? My last map from Romain took about an hour and a half. The next map will also be done while I wait. I ain’t planning on staying the night 

Agreed, with a dyno I genuinely can't see it taking anymore than 2 hours to fully tune fuel, ignition, transient, knock sensitivity, failsafes etc on a supra. Especially when our cars have been tuned to death, mappers already have a map that will closely match anyones car here, with only a few tweaks required to perfect for your specific car. I still can't get over how they can justify charging £1300 for a map...

Edited by Gpro (see edit history)

If a already solid tune is being adjusted for a new turbo, new injectors etc I could see being done in an hour or two.

If a tune is being developed from the ground up then I can easily spend two days on a car mapping, both on the dyno and on the road afterwards, not including all the time analyzing logs at home to make any changes ready for the next day.

The driveability mapping is where a lot of time can be sunk into. Making sure it starts and behaves like an OEM car even when it has aggressive cams, huge throttle bodies etc, dosent stall or bog when accelerating.

Once you start throwing in variables like troubleshooting issues with the car, E85/Racefuel, DBW, VVTi, Motorsport features, Autobox control, traction control and some other advanced features the time needed to invest into the mapping grows quickly. Hence why it can cost so much.

Agreed, I mapped my fuel table from the ground up in less than an hour on road with no dyno on my new Syvecs S7 Plus. Also with no passenger to help, just driving, checking logs, adjusting and go again. With a dyno I genuinely can't see it taking anymore than 2 hours to fully tune fuel, ignition, transient, knock sensitivity, failsafes etc on a supra. Especially when our cars have been tuned to death, mappers already have a map that will closely match anyones car here, with only a few tweaks required to perfect for your specific car. I still can't get over how they can justify charging £1300 for a map...

Might have this wrong... I apologise in advance if I have.... I'm pretty sure you're the guy though.

However, if it's so easy, and you can't understand why professionals charge so much. Then why do you keep messaging other members asking if they will share the maps from their own professionally mapped cars, with you, for free?