The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which turbo for 700bhp

Snakeysteve

A 6266 GEN2 DBB will do 700 on V Power so long as you have other sufficient supporting mods (cams etc.). Very fast spooling.

If you factor in 50% ethanol to a 700bhp pump setup you would yield ~780bhp depending on the mapping.

Reference for this is a previous build by SRD (JamieP's old white Supra 'Goose'). Worth searching old threads to locate that one to cross-check the rest of the build spec. :thumbs:

What boost pressure you running mate? I have the same turbo but yet to dyno. I'd be chuffed if it makes 700hp at 1.6bar..!

I have a forged block with BC 264 cams, hoping for 700ish. Will find out for sure once it goes to SRD for mapping :D

Its all dependent on a lot of variables. Everyones gone straight for the tubby but the type of manifold you have and the wastegate you have all make a difference. You say its laggy, when do you achieve full boost at what Revs?

I had this issue with my T67 for and it transpired the wastegate spring was knackered.

The whole setup is important but the most important factor of all is your mapper. your average Joe Blogs will just map the car as it is and had it back to you, yeah it made 600 hp now pay me. A really good mapper will look at the setup of the car have an understanding of what the car should make and point out issues too you. It made 600hp but the fueling really held it back and I would advise blah blah blah. Good mappers are worth their weight in gold.

from looking a bit further at mine its running very small intercooler piping so im going to change that to a better size.

ill try that and get it mapped again and see if that helps.

thanks for the responses will keep them in mind if i do decide to change the turbo