The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all, looking for my first Supra

MattMPG

Afternoon all,

Supra’s have always been my childhood car and I’m now in a position where I can make the dream happen. I’ve downloaded the ‘what to look for’ guide and read some good advice from all on the forums.

I’m looking for a standard / unmolested TT preferably 6spd and aerotop but not too fussy on the aero top. I’ve seen a couple but they’ve not quite been right for me. Any help / pointers would be massively appreciated and can’t wait to find the right Supra!

Cheers

Matt

:hello: and welcome. You've done the right thing so far! If you join as a paid member you can post in the wanted section and private message. If you join PM Tyson and he'll try to accelerate your membership. What is your budget?

Thanks for the welcome! Somewhere around the 20-25k mark (preferably one that’s been loved and cherished!) Joining as a paid member was my next step :)

Thanks for the welcome! Somewhere around the 20-25k mark (preferably one that’s been loved and cherished!) Joining as a paid member was my next step :)

Hello and welcome.

I think you'll need to either adjust your expectations or your budget. Your current budget will likely get you a decent-ish auto. Stock manuals are far more sought after and valuable.

Hello and welcome.

I think you'll need to either adjust your expectations or your budget. Your current budget will likely get you a decent-ish auto. Stock manuals are far more sought after and valuable.

Hi, thanks for your advice. There is some movement in my budget should the right one come along. In fairness, if the right auto came along then I would also be interested - not too fussy, more about the condition of the car!

Hey Matt

Take your time with the search, and keep us posted if you need advice.

6 speed manual is of course a good choice, but bear in mind that those 20+ year old boxes can have issues. Repairs can become costy .... some parts are simply no more available.

Good luck

To give you an idea of cost, here's a TT6 I recently sold.

There are a couple of really nice forum member owned autos that spring to mind:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?355920-1999-Twin-Turbo-VVTI-Auto-30065-Miles

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?357548-Supra-TT-Auto-low-miles-and-deep-jewel-green

Thanks for that! Once I’ve paid for my membership I’ll send a few PM’s. The jewel green one is very nice!

If you could consider a late and clean TT VVTI Auto there is a possible line on a potential sale from a club member. No ad as yet.

/QUOTE]

I would certainly consider it - feel free to send the details through to me! Thanks!

Welcome to the club Matt. Just wanted to say you've the right attitude in waiting for the right car for you. As has been said, it likely won't be a perfect car when you find it but hopefully it will be something you can work with. Without wishing to be discouraging I searched for nearly two years to get mine and it got a bit frustrating at times, but I'm really glad I held out. All the best with your search.