The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Motomachi Supra

Supra-love

Nice! That’s a big boy! Be good to hear how you go with the pipework install, I currently have the 4” Whifbitz FMIC on my car. When I reinstalled the pipework after getting it powdercoated, the fit was pretty tight and trying to do it without scratching anything was almost impossible! Lol.

If you can post up some photos when it’s all plummed in I’d appreciate it mate. 👍 :) 

1 hour ago, Peter P said:

Nice! That’s a big boy! Be good to hear how you go with the pipework install, I currently have the 4” Whifbitz FMIC on my car. When I reinstalled the pipework after getting it powdercoated, the fit was pretty tight and trying to do it without scratching anything was almost impossible! Lol.

If you can post up some photos when it’s all plummed in I’d appreciate it mate. 👍 :) 

Yeah it’s massive. Should get some good cooling with that! 

Hopefully it’ll just plumb straight in mate, might need a 90 degree elbow for the single turbo outlet though. 
I’ll get some Pics up when done! 

Edited by Supra-love (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter P said:

Looking good mate. That should keep things nice and cool. :cool:

Thanks, yeah should work very well for what I need. 
Got a new engine oil cooler coming also as the mocal one was damaged at previous mechanics! 
Dropping off running oil and fuel tomorrow so it’s just around the corner to running in on the dyno! 😀😀😀

• Like 1

Well after getting the car to point where she was ready to prime and start, it was noticed engine mounts were loose and suspension bolts loose.
Then, Checked coolant pressure and there was none. 
coolant pissed out of my oil drain and filter location. 
Been found that my head gasket was put on back to front by James hart when he built the engine.

• Sad 1

On 3/12/2021 at 2:59 PM, Peter P said:

Damn! That’s a shame mate, was hoping things would go well for you, but better to catch it early I guess before any damage was done. Know it means more delays, but it’ll get there fella, and it will be worth the wait I’m sure. 👍 :) 

Everything is now tight. 

gasket ordered, should just be a case of changing the head gasket, flushing and cleaning the coolant out and attempting the start up again providing they don’t find anything else.

HG was fitted back to front and upside down.

Big job at this stage and not cheap but it has to be done or the car will just be dormant

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Friday 3pm she’s being started for the first time since 2018. 
Head gasket now the correct way, and holding oil & coolant pressure fine, everything torqued down again and ready to turn over.

keep those fingers and toes crossed all goes to plan this time round! 

902D5F67-2BA0-4FDC-9C9C-C9DF7E22B215.jpeg

• Like 2

• Supra-love changed the title to Project Motomachi Supra
36 minutes ago, Peter P said:

Very nice mate. Glad she ran for you this time and all is well. No doubt once everything is bedded in and mapped properly it’ll run like a dream for you. :) 

Must have been nice for you to hear it run after all that time? Nice one. 👍 :cool:

Thanks mate. At a very good point now, like you said was lovely to hear her run again. Been far to long!

Looking forward now to having it all mapped in and bedded nicely now. 
Will get a few vids of the base map being tuned on the dyno, should be done in the next week or so now.

• Like 1

• Supra-love changed the title to The Motomachi Supra