The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Motomachi Supra

Supra-love

4 hours ago, Style said:

Looks great, hopefully Walton have addressed the fitment issues with these now as it looks great.

Any reason behind the change from twinscroll to single?

The one I’m swapping out is also a twin scroll Walton and fitted perfectly, My turbo housing is single scroll mate, so went with a single scroll manifold so it’s all matching flow. That’s the only reason really. Was going to go for a 50mm gate but 60mm should be perfect according to racecal 

Edited by Supra-love (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• Supra-love changed the title to The Motomachi Supra
26 minutes ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Bars bracing the manifold and a cut to allow expansion where the flange bolts to the head to allow for expansion when it gets hot. Photos attached.

8E5D515E-7C7D-4964-A6D9-A7EEA2AA78A6.jpeg

BCDFD469-EC78-4C11-997E-4C0250BBB078.jpeg

Manifolds expand and contract slightly during their heat cycles, that kind of bracing prevents that from happening, therefore over time stress fractures and cracks will appear. The reason the cheap shit in that picture has the bracing in the 1st place is that its so poorly manufactured that it needs extra bracing to support the turbo.

The only bracing I have to do is screamer to down pipe and down pipe to block. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supra-love said:

Manifolds expand and contract slightly during their heat cycles, that kind of bracing prevents that from happening, therefore over time stress fractures and cracks will appear. The reason the cheap shit in that picture has the bracing in the 1st place is that its so poorly manufactured that it needs extra bracing to support the turbo.

The only bracing I have to do is screamer to down pipe and down pipe to block. 

Top one is HKS and bottom one is Full Race, hardly cheap but it’s your car and your choice. It’s been done plenty of times before going back many many years.

8 minutes ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Top one is HKS and bottom one is Full Race, hardly cheap but it’s your car and your choice. It’s been done plenty of times before going back many many years.

I asked Walton and that was his reply mate so just posted it up here! He’s advised me not to brace or cut anything as it’s built to work as it is. 

The polished comp housing looks 100 times better than the cast finish! Regarding the manifold, Full-race add the cut to allow for any expansion it's tried and tested, don't think full-race ever had any cracking issues. The 6boost manifold has no bracing or cut in the flange, both full-race/6boost use higher quality materials compared to some of the cheaper brands so you'll be fine as-is!

Edited by PHAZEGTR (see edit history)

6 hours ago, PHAZEGTR said:

The polished comp housing looks 100 times better than the cast finish! Regarding the manifold, Full-race add the cut to allow for any expansion it's tried and tested, don't think full-race ever had any cracking issues. The 6boost manifold has no bracing or cut in the flange, both full-race/6boost use higher quality materials compared to some of the cheaper brands so you'll be fine as-is!

Yeah mate, much better polished, we’ve added all new vbands to the connections too, intercooler included. Looks amazing.

Yeah the Walton manifold is proper high quality and has a lifetime guarantee so I have every faith that the manifold I’m running is top notch. 

Edited by Supra-love (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...