The mkiv Supra Owners Club

List of most recently mentioned insurers on-here (as of May 2018)

Mr Cull

13 hours ago, Frank Bullitt said:

I’m calling them on Monday.

Update on Reis, they weren’t wanting to entertain my current cover or the policy price. Had to phone them up to get that answer.

The car isn’t getting used so I am tempted not to bother until next year but that doesn’t feel a safe or clever option.

I believe you can get laid up insurance if you aren’t using it on the road, not sure who does it though.

On 8/8/2021 at 1:18 PM, Tyson said:

I believe you can get laid up insurance if you aren’t using it on the road, not sure who does it though.

That’s interesting, I’ll see how that goes down with the insurance. Waiting on a call back from Lancaster.

I said in another thread that these cars seem to be appreciating quicker than the insurance companies are comfortable with despite providing adverts, full spec, all receipts and many photos.

That said, ours is just the VVT-i tiptronic, nothing as desirable as a TT6 or U.K. spec.

Just now, Frank Bullitt said:

That’s interesting, I’ll see how that goes down with the insurance. Waiting on a call back from Lancaster.

I said in another thread that these cars seem to be appreciating quicker than the insurance companies are comfortable with despite providing adverts, full spec, all receipts and many photos.

That said, ours is just the VVT-i tiptronic, nothing as desirable as a TT6 or U.K. spec.

I managed a quick google, I wasn't imagining things. This is the first one in the results so there will be many more that do. https://www.footmanjames.co.uk/laid-up-insurance

3 minutes ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Lancaster do to https://www.lancasterinsurance.co.uk/my-quote/laid-upsorn-cover/

I hadn't run a we buy valuation for probably 10 years, when it was valued at £650. Today, so long as the car has a full service history, no damage, runs perfectly and is in generally Steller condition we buy any car will give £150. It shows how difficult it must be for insurers to value the cars. £150 though, scrap price is £175.

Capture.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2021 at 2:35 PM, rider said:

I hadn't run a we buy valuation for probably 10 years, when it was valued at £650. Today, so long as the car has a full service history, no damage, runs perfectly and is in generally Steller condition we buy any car will give £150. It shows how difficult it must be for insurers to value the cars. £150 though, scrap price is £175.

Give you £200 if you're interested - taking a big risk here