The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MK IV, Twin Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Japanese Import - Sold

Starbuck

Folks I've managed to sell the car.

Thanks for all the interest and apologies for not getting back to everyone.

Make: Toyota

Model: Supra MK IV, Twin Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Japanese Import (Ford Denim Blue and Gunmetal Grey)

Year: 1994

Facelift:

Mileage: TBC over 100k

MOT remaining: 0 - Been off the road for over a year in my garage.

Service history: Mostly by SRD since I've owned it. Bought from a previous member of the forums.

Car's location: Crawley

Modifications: See link

http://http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?247567-Raijin-Development-Thread&p=3128875#post3128875

Good bits: Some really nice parts on this car.

Bad bits: It's thought the turbo seals have gone evidenced by some exhaust smoke.

PRICE: £14k

Please PM for contact details.

Some old pictures of the car, it's essentially the same but has a different bonnet, skirts, OEM front bumper with Grill (missing front lip) and low profile spoiler. I'll get some new pictures up.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=4263

Please note that I have stripped out the back seats and boot trim, and I don't have the parts anymore to put them back.

Here are some Pics in its current form. Still looking damn good!

I don't have a price in mind yet. I'm going to be looking into that in due course but would happy for some feedback from members on value, as I think this sort of thing is hard to price. I'm not looking for more than it's worth but also don't want to give it away (Does that help?!).

I'm going to be pretty busy over the next few weeks so will answer your pm's as soon as I can.

There are probably lots of questions that people could raise on this, like why start to strip it down removing discontinued parts if the only issue is suspected worn turbos? When you can buy second hand turbos for £200 or reconditioned hybrids for £1k it looks a slightly strange choice? You may be better asking a mod to move this thread to the Supra Chat section seeing its more a whats it worth to maybe sell in a few weeks than its for sale now thread.

Its near impossible to value though as there is no comment on whether the car is a runner or not and a non runner project with unknown issues will be priced very different to a runner with identified or identifiable issues. Keron is after projects or scrappers all the time, you could try running it past him and then at least you'll have something to work with or from.

Price added, but open to offers.

Rider thanks for the input.

A lot of the work on this car has been done 2-5 years ago. The last work to be done was complete by Keron in fact, to fit the front bumper grill, skirts and spoiler. The plan was to strip it down to be as light as possible.

The car has been off the road for over a year, so has no MOT currently but I could get on completed locally before sale. I'm not expecting any problems. It's always started perfectly and still does, took it around the drive last night.

Mk4Gaz

I hoping not to have to get the car broken. I would go to Keron if this was the plan but I do have one offer already, so hopefully won't be required.

Forum rules, you need a price.

Whilst I 100% agree with you Ric, it seems that those rules aren’t enforced or at the very best are selectively enforced. So they are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

When was the last time you saw this done?

NOTE: IF YOUR THREAD DOES NOT MEET OUR MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS, IT WILL BE CLOSED AND/OR DELETED.

Whilst not the best example of a for sale advert it is the best one I have seen posted for a long time.

Apologies to the OP, back on topic.

GLWYS :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.