The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest 2018 - Club Stand - Booking Deadline is Now Tuesday 10th of April

CorruptSapphire

Jules at Fast Car is also sorting an anniversary stand, not sure if he's doing it for Japfest or Fast Car but it seems there might be multiple anniversary stands, they should merge them all together
Hey bud

Have spoke to my contact and you are correct it is for fast car

So not sure what is what at the moment.

However on tickets and details, I have been told that they should go out this week so keep an eye on your mailbox

Thanks

Dom

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bud

Have spoke to my contact and you are correct it is for fast car

So not sure what is what at the moment.

However on tickets and details, I have been told that they should go out this week so keep an eye on your mailbox

Thanks

Dom

/QUOTE]

Fast Car Magazine is run by Kelsey Media - they are the same company that are the promoters for Japfest, TRAX, Fast Car Show and a whole load of other events. In the past I've worked very closely with both their promotional/show team and the magazine's content editor.

Believe the chap that organizes Japfest is Jeff Blackmore (or at least historically it used to be), I used to call him Sweaty Jeff as whenever you see him at a show he's always running around in a flustered state :haha:

Edited by jimjam92 (see edit history)

I got a call last night saying that the car isn't going to be out of paint this month and it will more ham likely be the end of next month it's finished so I have a clubstand ticket if anyone wants it. Gutted doesn't even cover it.
Ah man gutted for you bud. Did they say why they are running behind so badly?

What time do the gates open guys? Or I should say, what time do we need to be there for?
Hey bud

The entry for clubs starts at 07:00 and the latest you need to be there is going to be 09:30.

It is up to you, as long as it's before 09:30, we have a meeting point at 6 - 6:15 at watford gap southbound services.

Cheers

Dom

Who is going on track on the parade lap ???

I had a DM on Facebook form a chap that works for Japfest asking if I wanted my car on the anniversary display stand and parade lap which I have said yes too.

I have been sent all my track info and just wondering who else is doing it

I thought it would be / hoping it would of been all of us doing this but im unsure what's going on now , how many displays there will be with the Supras and who's going on track

:shrug:

Hey bud I will be setting out from telford around 5 want to meet up and drive to the meeting point?

/QUOTE]

Can do, I'll PM you my number so we can plan it out, I may or may not have a few other cars with me (depends if mates can commit to leaving that early haha)

I would be happy to be involved in a parade lap, but thought we missed our window as numbers put forward were too low; I think we are currently split between an Anniversary stand, and our forum stand by the sounds

We enquired about a separate parade lap that we would have had to pay for but we didn't get the numbers.

The parade lap that is being mentioned is one that is organised by Japfest and we have been asked to provide 5 cars, as I have said we will pick as a group the 5 cars from the stand that we all feel is worth putting on the parade

Mplavery did you say that you are now with fastcar?

We enquired about a separate parade lap that we would have had to pay for but we didn't get the numbers.

The parade lap that is being mentioned is one that is organised by Japfest and we have been asked to provide 5 cars, as I have said we will pick as a group the 5 cars from the stand that we all feel is worth putting on the parade

Mplavery did you say that you are now with fastcar?

/QUOTE]

I don't know

I was asked do I want to do the parade lap and go on the Supra display which I have said yes too

I have all my track details already sent to me, what time I need to be in the pits etc etc

Maybe I am :shrug:

I thought when I first was asked that it was with this club