The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 17 feedback, opinions, questions and ideas.

Al Massey

Hello All,

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who attended this year.

I'd also like to thank Sky Insurance for topping up our beer fund again this year.

Richie_k83 at Co ord sport for sponsoring the best overall supra competition and Opie Oils for sponsoring the fastest lap on GT5 competition.

Amazing prices from both club traders, thank you very much.

I'd also like to thank everyone who helped out with cooking or cleaning, and all those who helped in general with the stand and the IKO, that includes those who came to support those taking part.

It was a hard competition and I had a great time taking part.

So as you all know we won a fair amount of prizes at JAE this year.

The tug of war, the tyre lift but lost it due to political BS, joint first winners of the whole IKO and best club stand.

I'm absolutely amazed at the effort you all put in and I'm so proud of you all and the club.

Thank you.

Now to the reason of this thread.

As with last year, there's always things that didn't work out, or things that worked amazingly and things we can improve on.

So I would like to get your feedback on the event itself, our stand, activities, food and drink etc and any other ideas or questions you may have to make it better and easier for us all in future events.

Any questions feel free to ask, this is t just for those that attended so please don't be shy.

I promise I won't be offended or upset.

Many thanks

Al

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

Edited by Al Massey (see edit history)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meal timings can do with being set.

A few meals were delayed.

Sorry about that.

Will buy bacon with less water next time.

I'm thinking of changing the Saturday meal to something simple and easy as Rosie and Malc spent over 3 hours just preparing the meal then had to cook and dish it out.

After chatting with Trick and littlenum, may look at chips, chicken and shish kebabs etc.

I thought our plot location was great, and the layout was really good.

Any thoughts on changes?

I will be discussing the power issue with JAE but other than that I think it went well.

How did people like the marquee?

Good for next year?

How about our kitchen and new lights?

Maybe thinking of a hog roast next year, however that is potentially costly and it will require tickets to be sold well in advance.

How did the in house club completions do?

Was everyone happy?

Would you like more?

Also the cost.

We went over budget this year so the cost may rise.

Cheers

Feedback and requests so far

Earlier breakfasts

Soft drinks

Easier breakfasts?

Squash/dilute/cordial

Ice cubes

Sort out helpers for washing up

Same pitch, we are not on grandfather rights apparently

Go shopping earlier

Confirm breakfast times that everyone is happy with.

More tables, 1 for kitchen and 1 for the marquee

Stricter rotas for chefs and helpers

Raise ticket prices

Scrap lunch all together, have more snacks?

More breakfast options

More wine, red and white.

Il go first if it posts in time lol my feed back is that myself and katie had a great time the whole experience was fine the only thing that I would have to mention is the soft drink but its nothing major, everything else was fine the breakfasts was good too, maybe if you got events to do on the saturday get the breakfast done earlier for the people taking part? But as I didnt participate I cant comment really.....overall I really enjoyed the whole thing and katie did too.

Massive thanks to all that made it happen all the people who cooked and fed us and all the people who organised it, funded it and everything else.

And well done Allan on doing a great job.

Already looking forward to possibly being there next year.

Hello All,

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who attended this year.

I'd also like to thank Sky Insurance for topping up our beer fund again this year.

Richie_k83 at Co ord sport for sponsoring the best overall supra competition and Opie Oils for sponsoring the fastest lap on GT5 competition.

Amazing prices from both club traders, thank you very much.

No problem Al and Congratulations to all involved!

My thoughts.......

I think, considering we had less members this time than previous years, it went incredibly well.

The new 'kitchen' area was great, and fit for purpose. As was the marquee and in house entertainment.

The plot was excellent, we couldn't have been placed better in my opinion

Food - whilst it was really nice to have a proper cooked breakfast, I think it may have been a bit too much for the volunteers doing it. To cater for that many people early in the day, is always going to be a challenge, and it's a lot of prep first thing in the morning. Maybe we can simplify this?

The evening meals were great, thanks to trick, malc and rosie. I do like the idea of possibly making those more simple too, and the above suggestions are good ones.

The late night barbecue always goes down well, to help soak up the alcohol as it's going in!

It would have been nice to have more soft drinks. I understand this was partly down to budget constraints, and not a planning issue. Maybe some big bottles of squash concentrate could be bought next year, for people to dilute themselves. And maybe some freezable ice cube bags too?

Overall I think it went brilliantly, and want to thank everyone who made it what it was. Looking forward to the next one!

Well all I can say as a first time Jae participant I really really enjoyed it ..plot was great .stand worked awesome .. but I do feel the people that cooked food should have help to clear up dishes washing etc as they spent a lot of time doing the cooking .

Food idea maybe pasta as it's quick and easy

Ok so here I go....

Thanks to everyone who came this year. I know Alan for sure appreciate all the thanks going his way. He deserves it. I as a helper would like to thanks the rest of the helpers who do their bit, it helps a lot. Rosie Rosie, what can I say, what a great experience in the kitchen lol

Sorry for delay on breakfast on Saturday, but as most will know we had a change of bacon which had a lot of water in.

I am glad it was Saturday& not Friday breakfast as you would have had RUM only[emoji23]

Great team effort in all the compositions. Well done Gary for winning worst RED supra on stand. Oooooooo also someone who has not had a shout out is me brov, thanks Darren for the use of your van to bring vital equipment .

So happy that that with have the winners shield back. Mr. Branners, thanks for funding this again, we are all still trying hard to get this back as a bigger event. I hope being winners and good feed back will encourage members back.

Thanks again to you all.

Cheers. Ruuuum

Thanks for a grate weekend.

it would be good if we can get

the same pitch next year.

thanks to Allan and Darren

and all the cooks and helpers.

Darren

i no you have to bring louds of stuff with you.

sorry i didnt help with the packing up this year.

I'm still recovering, but I really want to post up about this years JAE.

This years was one of the best for me! Al really has the enthusiasm and what it takes to drive the Supra stand in the right direction, and made sure everybody was happy and tried to provide everything people needed, which I know is near impossible! lol I really hope you continue to organise the event mate, as I know year on year you will iron out the tiny niggles and provide even more of a great stand, if at all possible :)

I'd like to mention some of the highlights, and also thank some people that put the extra effort into this years JAE, before the event and then actually on the weekend of JAE. The marquee that Al booked was great, back to the same style as Wickstead down by the lake, domed one, and the perfect size with the number of members attending. The new kitchen marquee is brilliant (thanks to Wile and Burna for buying, you're welcome :D) and the lights that Alex provided and setup are way better than I imagined! Like daylight in there at night! Thanks Alex :thumbs:

The food was spot on this year, and in my opinion the best meals and quality of burgers and hot dogs we have had, and I supplied them two years ago! lol But Littlenum and Trick really smashed it this year with sourcing great BBQ food at a very good price! And thanks to Littlenum for taking all the food and buns to JAE, trust me that was a struggle for him to do that! I would have liked burgers on Friday afternoon when we arrived hungry, but it was nice to pop up the food court for noodles and cold cider from the pub, so no big deal, and I understand what a ball ache it is to BBQ in the afternoon, maybe I could bring a throw away BBQ for lunch on arrival next year?

Thanks to Trick for the Friday evening meal, was amazing mate, and thanks to Rosie for Saturdays evening meal, it really soaked up all the beer Wile and I had over a meeting with Battalion35 all Saturday afternoon lol (Can't wait to see Wiles new GTR!) And I could have killed for a bowl of Rosies stew yesterday for lunch! (That's not a euphemism). In fact a massive thank you to all that cooked and helped over the weekend, you kept me alive :D

Well done to all the IKO competitors, you really took the show by storm, and shocked a lot of people with all the wins you took! Trick, you were robbed of the tyre challenge, I felt your pain on how gutted you were mate :( That was complete bullshit, and shame on JAE for that. Winning club stand blew me way personally! Complete shock! But very well deserved, we are a very welcoming crowd, and I would offer a beer and a chat to anyone that visited the stand, but we have always all been that way :)

Few suggestions for next years JAE. Firstly, buy the beer earlier and fill the fridge with it! I don't like drinking warm beer all Friday day and night, but the cold one for Saturday breakfast was heaven, finally! Soft drinks needs to be addressed, not everyone can live on beer alone like Wile and me lol

Breakfast was great, and please don't change the breakfast time to earlier, I preferred the later time, as did others. No to a hog roast, too much expense for such a small number, and there'll be too much waste.

Plot was perfect, so the same again next year please, do we have grandad rights? Power was great, hate hearing a genie all weekend.

That's all I can think of right now, and Dee and I loved the whole weekend, thank you all for making her feel so welcome, and thanks for putting us up Wile mate. I did miss the Scottish members Bear, MT, JoJo, & Megan this year :( But I'm sure we will all be back as a family again next year, and that's what the Supra stand at JAE has always been about, family :)

One last thing I'd like to add is, I'd like to publicly support that next years funding goes ahead from the club for JAE. The stand has changed from previous years, and now has become a well involved club in the JAE show, winning best stand, and most of the IKO, and being joint winners overall. It's now a high profile event for the club, and that in turn will improve forum membership. JAE as an event is evolving and moving forward too, with Battalion35 making it's first ever appearance at JAE as a trail for there club, I have yet to catch up with the mods of Batt35 to see what they thought of it, but it's good to see the scene moving forward :)

Long live JAE!

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

Some of this will have already been mentioned, but I guess the more mentions the more you can gauge the impact...

- Soft drinks (or at least an idea in advance so we can bring our own)

- More tables. At least 1 more in the Marquee and 1 more in the kitchen - washing up on the floor is really shit (1 plate is nothing, but a whole meal clear up is different)

- Hog roast only if you can get a piglet or a sensible amount of meat, else it will be wasted

- Stricter rotas. I ended up having to wash up saucepan before I even started cooking as it was still full of the previous night's food, then I did Sat night food (which actually took more like 8/9 hours including buying ingredients and washing up) and then washed that up too.

- Higher ticket prices. I would rather pay more and have more choice/quality

- Breakfast earlier, or at least at a specified time

- Maybe don't provide lunch, this year it was a non event but not sure if that is because breakfast was later on... or maybe make it a brunch. I also think that people were away in the show or IKO at lunch time

Not sure how to make evening meals simpler, cooking for 40 people is difficult to do quickly and maintain quality and keep costs down.

New Kitchen was amazing, lights were superb.

Marquee was perfect.

Plot was perfect.

Thanks to Slam and Dee for helping Saturday with dinner, literally halved the time it would have taken me on my own.

I may add more to this as I think about it...

but I do feel the people that cooked food should have help to clear up dishes washing etc

Food idea maybe pasta as it's quick and easy

I disagree. I don't think the people who cooked should also have to wash up.

Pasta takes forever - I did pasta last year. Never again!

That said, someone told me there is a chef trick to part cook it ahead of time, or something? I guess if someone can do that then all good. Getting big pans of water to boil on a BBQ takes ages. Also, draining pasta in that quantity in a field without a sieve is challenging. Clay was the hero on that last year!

Thanks to Slam and Dee for helping Saturday with dinner, literally halved the time it would have taken me on my own.

I'll pass that on to her Rosie :)

Also, draining pasta in that quantity in a field without a sieve is challenging. Clay was the hero on that last year!

Clay and his underpants saved the day that JAE! :thumbs:

I disagree. I don't think the people who cooked should also have to wash up.

Pasta takes forever - I did pasta last year. Never again!

That said, someone told me there is a chef trick to part cook it ahead of time, or something? I guess if someone can do that then all good. Getting big pans of water to boil on a BBQ takes ages. Also, draining pasta in that quantity in a field without a sieve is challenging. Clay was the hero on that last year!

Think Jason ment, cooks should have had help with washing up [emoji6]

Think Jason ment, cooks should have had help with washing up [emoji6]

/QUOTE]

I think Rosie understood what he meant, and Rosie is saying that she disagrees, and is saying that the people who cooked should not have to do any washing up. i agree with that, as it's major work cooking for 40 people, they should not be expected to also wash up! Even if they have help!

- - - Updated - - -

Who won?

:rlol: