The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 17 feedback, opinions, questions and ideas.

Al Massey

Some more people in the rap battle next year, besides just me.

I dunno, the competition is fierce.

- - - Updated - - -

Think Jason ment, cooks should have had help with washing up [emoji6]

/QUOTE]

Oh! Well I think cooks shouldn't have to wash up at all, being fair about it. Or, if they do need to it should be made clear in advance.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think Jason ment, cooks should have had help with washing up [emoji6]

/QUOTE]

I agree with Rosie when I did the evening meals in the past years for 60-70 or how ever many we had :blink: ..... I or we ( my ickle helpers ) didn't do any of the Washing up, i remember Supraloopy and Karen taking that task on :D

Well done everyone on what looked like a great JAE top marks to all :trophy::clap::salute:

Cheers

-Ian-

I can't say anything about food, as we usually provide for ourselves because of my mad stomach, but location was absolutely spot on, close to toilets, close to attractions, right in a centre, yet not very noisy. Markee was great, we could probably wok a bit about setting Supras in even spaces and similar position :) I had great time and can't wait for next year :D If you remind me closer to date, I'll bring Logitech steering wheel etc. so we can have proper driving position :D

Brilliant JAE again, probably my favorite event of the year and this years was no different, really enjoyed catching up with some familiar faces and meeting some new ones.

Big thanks to Al and Darren for organising and setup, and also to all the other chefs and helpers (Sorry about the pan Rosie, it was suggested that we keep the leftover chilli for saturday lunch, and by then I'd forgotten it was there:imsorry:)

I agree that another table, and possibly moving the hot water into the kitchen would be a good idea. I actually enjoyed cooking on Friday and am happy to volunteer again next year.

Already looking forward to returning as reigning iko and tug of war champions at next years JAE :trophy::trophy::trophy: and I will kick ass in the endurance next year no matter how bad the refs try to fix it.

I disagree. I don't think the people who cooked should also have to wash up.

Pasta takes forever - I did pasta last year. Never again!

That said, someone told me there is a chef trick to part cook it ahead of time, or something? I guess if someone can do that then all good. Getting big pans of water to boil on a BBQ takes ages. Also, draining pasta in that quantity in a field without a sieve is challenging. Clay was the hero on that last year!

Sorry but that's wot I was saying I did seem the people who cooked also washed up I think that is a bit unfair

Right here my ideas and opinions.

Firstly well done Al great event throughly enjoyed, your enthusiasm is infectious and probibly the reason we have got so involved over the last two jae's.

Well done to all who participated in events and to those who supported, a real team win for all.

Thanks to the cooks, helpers, darren , buster, malc and rosie.

my ideas , breakfast can be cereal and toast for those up early, brunch consisting of cooked breakfast around 11am , look after ourselves for lunch, do we need an evening meal and bbq ? for those cooking and prepping the evening meal it seemed a lot of work and the bbq fired up 3 hours later, savings could be made here.

Drinks was ok and we didn't run out but the ladies were left out a bit and some more wine would have been good, cordial for soft drinks would also be a good idea.

I hope more people come and support this event as its one of the best on club calendar, personally don't mind increase in price to improve the weekend experience.

Food was a great improvement over previous years, club entertainment and competitions were fantastic.

gary chrissie and matt.

I would like to give a huge thanks to Al for organizing a fantastic weekend at JAE. The atmosphere this year on the stand was great! The marquee was the perfect size for the amount of people attending.

The games on the stand is a great idea, and enjoyed - gave us something to do.

The plot was great, so do get it again. The stand layout was very unique, and proved that it did get more people on the stand and talking to us about the cars which was great!

Want to say thank you to Gary, Dave & Alex for helping us set up our tent in the dark!

Thank you for all those who cooked the meals, all scrummy!

So to echo the above comments:

More variety of soft drinks/ cordial juice

I know it may be a pain for the cooks, but please keep to the homemade meals - (stew, curry, chilli) it it very nice to have a proper cooked evening meal instead of burgers every night!

Keep to more of a schedule for the meals - but can understand the difficulty with the IKO events running over etc.

I think having washing up helpers would be a good idea. I for one don't mind pitching in for next year!

I don't mind paying more on the club ticket to be able to get the event on budget, I'm sure quite a few other members agree.

Other than that, Me and Chris really enjoyed ourselves spending time with our Supra family! So thank you to everyone for this :)

I'm still recovering, but I really want to post up about this years JAE.

This years was one of the best for me! Al really has the enthusiasm and what it takes to drive the Supra stand in the right direction, and made sure everybody was happy and tried to provide everything people needed, which I know is near impossible! lol I really hope you continue to organise the event mate, as I know year on year you will iron out the tiny niggles and provide even more of a great stand, if at all possible :)

I'd like to mention some of the highlights, and also thank some people that put the extra effort into this years JAE, before the event and then actually on the weekend of JAE. The marquee that Al booked was great, back to the same style as Wickstead down by the lake, domed one, and the perfect size with the number of members attending. The new kitchen marquee is brilliant (thanks to Wile and Burna for buying, you're welcome :D) and the lights that Alex provided and setup are way better than I imagined! Like daylight in there at night! Thanks Alex :thumbs:

The food was spot on this year, and in my opinion the best meals and quality of burgers and hot dogs we have had, and I supplied them two years ago! lol But Littlenum and Trick really smashed it this year with sourcing great BBQ food at a very good price! And thanks to Littlenum for taking all the food and buns to JAE, trust me that was a struggle for him to do that! I would have liked burgers on Friday afternoon when we arrived hungry, but it was nice to pop up the food court for noodles and cold cider from the pub, so no big deal, and I understand what a ball ache it is to BBQ in the afternoon, maybe I could bring a throw away BBQ for lunch on arrival next year?

Thanks to Trick for the Friday evening meal, was amazing mate, and thanks to Rosie for Saturdays evening meal, it really soaked up all the beer Wile and I had over a meeting with Battalion35 all Saturday afternoon lol (Can't wait to see Wiles new GTR!) And I could have killed for a bowl of Rosies stew yesterday for lunch! (That's not a euphemism). In fact a massive thank you to all that cooked and helped over the weekend, you kept me alive :D

Well done to all the IKO competitors, you really took the show by storm, and shocked a lot of people with all the wins you took! Trick, you were robbed of the tyre challenge, I felt your pain on how gutted you were mate :( That was complete bullshit, and shame on JAE for that. Winning club stand blew me way personally! Complete shock! But very well deserved, we are a very welcoming crowd, and I would offer a beer and a chat to anyone that visited the stand, but we have always all been that way :)

Few suggestions for next years JAE. Firstly, buy the beer earlier and fill the fridge with it! I don't like drinking warm beer all Friday day and night, but the cold one for Saturday breakfast was heaven, finally! Soft drinks needs to be addressed, not everyone can live on beer alone like Wile and me lol

Breakfast was great, and please don't change the breakfast time to earlier, I preferred the later time, as did others. No to a hog roast, too much expense for such a small number, and there'll be too much waste.

Plot was perfect, so the same again next year please, do we have grandad rights? Power was great, hate hearing a genie all weekend.

That's all I can think of right now, and Dee and I loved the whole weekend, thank you all for making her feel so welcome, and thanks for putting us up Wile mate. I did miss the Scottish members Bear, MT, JoJo, & Megan this year :( But I'm sure we will all be back as a family again next year, and that's what the Supra stand at JAE has always been about, family :)

One last thing I'd like to add is, I'd like to publicly support that next years funding goes ahead from the club for JAE. The stand has changed from previous years, and now has become a well involved club in the JAE show, winning best stand, and most of the IKO, and being joint winners overall. It's now a high profile event for the club, and that in turn will improve forum membership. JAE as an event is evolving and moving forward too, with Battalion35 making it's first ever appearance at JAE as a trail for there club, I have yet to catch up with the mods of Batt35 to see what they thought of it, but it's good to see the scene moving forward :)

Long live JAE!

Love your idea of the BBQ for when you arrive.

What about everyone else :rlol:

Everyone arrives at different times so that would be hard.

The big shop being delayed was my fault.

By the time we had set up with the heat, we were a bit tired. Then delayed things because we wanted to check how much meat we had.

Next year that won’t be a problem.

Thanks for all the feedback so far peeps and I really appreciate all the thanks.

On the third post, I am keeping all the ideas and feedback, so if I have missed anything let me know.

I will try and address everything for next year.

One idea that seems to be mentioned a lot of the weekend was raising the price.

I lowered the price last year and was hoping to lower the price this year for you guys but that has obviously proved a nightmare.

Not only have certain costs gone up but I ran out of money and couldn't get enough for you.

So the big question is what do you think is a reasonable price/cost for Club tickets for JAE?

The games on the stand is a great idea, and enjoyed - gave us something to do.

The plot was great, so do get it again. The stand layout was very unique, and proved that it did get more people on the stand and talking to us about the cars which was great!

:)

Believe it or not, the cars facing in was a partially drunken idea/conversation from Alex (Inazone).

Which after agreeing to and actually doing it, looked amazing and seemed to work perfectly.

So the big question is what do you think is a reasonable price/cost for Club tickets for JAE?

As I mentioned before Al, a lot of us are 'time served' members, and therefore have gained lifetime membership.

Other clubs charge per annum, I know that the mitsubishi evo (mlr) forum is £35 per annum, and as Alex (bear) said, the gtr one is £50 per annum.

With this in mind, I think that to raise the ticket prices slightly, for the biggest and most intimate event of the year, isn't much to ask. I can almost guarantee that anyone attending would spend more for food and drink, if they were to cater for themselves.

I appreciate that not everyone eats what the masses do, and also some drink more than others, but unfortunately we have to have a 'one price for all' policy.

I think even £50 would be very reasonable, to spend time in the company of best mates, and supporting our club at the same time.

Personally I'd be happy to put a bit extra in the pot next year, if it came to it :thumbs:

Right here my ideas and opinions.

Firstly well done Al great event throughly enjoyed, your enthusiasm is infectious and probibly the reason we have got so involved over the last two jae's.

Well done to all who participated in events and to those who supported, a real team win for all.

Thanks to the cooks, helpers, darren , buster, malc and rosie.

my ideas , breakfast can be cereal and toast for those up early, brunch consisting of cooked breakfast around 11am , look after ourselves for lunch, do we need an evening meal and bbq ? for those cooking and prepping the evening meal it seemed a lot of work and the bbq fired up 3 hours later, savings could be made here.

Drinks was ok and we didn't run out but the ladies were left out a bit and some more wine would have been good, cordial for soft drinks would also be a good idea.

I hope more people come and support this event as its one of the best on club calendar, personally don't mind increase in price to improve the weekend experience.

Food was a great improvement over previous years, club entertainment and competitions were fantastic.

gary chrissie and matt.

That sounds better, cereal for the early birds, the cooked breakfast later for when I get up lol

I do really like the evening arrangement, and it has worked well for years, so I don't think that should change. It's great to have a home cooked from someone as living off burgers all weekend is not fun, and then burgers later to soak up the beer when people get peckish.

I can totally understand where everyone is coming from about paying more per person, but it's a difficult one to play. On one hand yes, we need more money, but the moment you increase the cost, less people will come, and if less people come, the club is not going to fund an event that just caters for a small amount of people to have a weekends jolly at JAE. The club funds applied to this event has always been based on it being a club event for around 100-120 club members, Wroxall gets the same, and does cater for that amount. So we've got to play this very carefully to preserve the future of the forum being in attendance at JAE.

We have to find the right balance, to charge enough to cover everything, and cheap enough to encourage new members along to the show for the weekend. The one thing that has massively affected our attendance levels is the fact that JAE stopped the day tickets for camping, I know of a hell of a lot of members who just want to turn up Saturday, camp the night, then go home Sunday. Al will testify to the same, he had loads of people asking the same thing again this year. We need to actively persuade JAE to provide a Saturday night camping ticket again, and I guarantee you will see our numbers double, even triple for Saturday! In turn it then spurs on people to book two nights next year once they see how well equipped our stand is, and all the facilities provided, it did for me and that's why I do the two nights now :)

Let's not let the event die out for our club, it's gives us a massive profile as this year shows with all the trophies we won. We need to capitalise on that and show the club that funds are being well spent, and prove next year that we can increase our numbers, so please I ask all of you to encourage the JAE organisers that Saturday tickets are the way forward.

Just so everything is transparent, this is a screenshot of last years and this years budgets and expenses.

As you can see the new location costs are higher in regards to power and marquee, plus we didn't have to pay for the trailer fridge this year as I gave them a chiller unit from work.

I did buy some items that will be used again and again, like the lights, activities and gas stoves.

The gas bottles we didn't touch so they will be used for next year.

So if they were to come out of a different budget, we would actually be plus money, however we didn't buy enough soft drinks, ciders or pay for the fridge.

JAE Budget.jpg

For anyone who hasn't been to JAE with the club.

What would you like to see for your money and what would change your mind about coming to JAE?

Well this year was my first jae and I throughly enjoyed it ,

I think the price was excellent considering all the meals and drink you get , and personally I don't think £100 for the entire weekend would be out of order how many places can you camping and get drinks and cooked meals for that price

JB has confirmed that the club will attend JAE next year.:D:eyebrows:

So I will be starting the organising very early since the dates have been confirmed by JAE.

Any ideas, thoughts or problems will hopefully be addressed by then and we can have a perfect JAE club stand.

That is great news, I knew he would ;) He misses JAE deep down.

Now all to sort out is Saturday only camping tickets from JAE, and we could be on to a very large attendance at JAE!

And I don't think that £40 a person for JAE is too much, then just £20 for Saturday night attendees :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll chip in [emoji6]

/QUOTE]

BOOM!