The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dillema on my impuse purchase.

blythmrk

You know I'm interested in the subframes Mark if you do decide to break PLEASE!!! 😀

Interest noted - I want the front but am unsure of the rear are they different on a facelift car? its the same fittings but very slight differences. On the front ones do you require an alloy and steel one?

/QUOTE]

I need a facelift clock replacement - IF you decide to break.

Maybe front arms too.

Interest noted thank you

The clock yes but I bought the car with the complete front sub frames arms etc. in mind for mine!

Please post good pictures of the shell.

I have the pictures but the computer says upload failed I am trying to upload them to photobucket and will add them asap.

What are you thinking? if you are in a rush pm me your mobile no. I could whats app them or your email address ok?

You dont live far from me. Do you have space to store my supra for a small fee? haha.

Hi Ric I have the parking space but all my garages are full and a Carcoon to boot too!

We met years ago I think you had a beautiful silver Celica SR at that time we both know Martin Bradshaw we should all meet up at some point I would love to see your car!

:D

Are tailgates getting rare too?

Non rusty ones are very thin on the ground it took me nearly 12 months to find one and paid £350 for it.

Id be interested in the drivers door

Interest noted thanks. I will probably be in touch.

Since everyone is putting there interest in parts :D I be interested in the front wings if you decide to break .

Interest noted thanks. I will probably be in touch.

And its not even a sales thread. I'll take the sub frames, the clock, arms, drivers door, drivers window regulator, front wings, big diff; recon there could be a market for those.

Why not buy the bare shell and store it in your barn or store it for me for free?

Interest noted thank you

Hi Ric I have the parking space but all my garages are full and a Carcoon to boot too!

We met years ago I think you had a beautiful silver Celica SR at that time we both know Martin Bradshaw we should all meet up at some point I would love to see your car!

Yeah i thought we did couldnt remember though was a long time ago.

If a garage space comes up let me know, will have to meet up at some point.

Yeah i thought we did couldnt remember though was a long time ago.

If a garage space comes up let me know, will have to meet up at some point.

I need more garages and have the space but my wife says no:blink:

I think I had my black mkiii supra when we met ive still got it its in time warp condition!

You have an RS4 avant now too I have a B7 RS4 too!

Yes we will have to drag Mr Boost out too I live 10 yards from a pub maybe we could meet up there one evening?

Where are you based as a customer of mine does car storage at Loxley if you google Spurr Cars Sheffield and speak to Malcolm or Paul they have all sorts down there in storage and for sale!

Regards

Mark

Interest noted thank you

The clock yes

Non rusty ones are very thin on the ground it took me nearly 12 months to find one and paid £350 for it.

Cheers.

Boot: Didn't realise that. Seen plenty that rust in the bottom section so I guess not a huge surprise.

Shame about that body kit. It'd probably be a lot of effort to get that back to looking spot on after what it'd look like underneath the fibreglass junk.

I think that's the best solution. Strip for parts now, dry store the shell as an investment. Wish I had somewhere to do that.

Shame about that body kit. It'd probably be a lot of effort to get that back to looking spot on after what it'd look like underneath the fibreglass junk.

I think that's the best solution. Strip for parts now, dry store the shell as an investment. Wish I had somewhere to do that.

I am glad you agree it is very excellent underneath the problem is I am struggling to store the shell!

That shell is in really good shape underneath. I think it would be best to try to locate all the stock supra side plastics and full front bumper & rear spoiler and return it back to stock. Another option would be find some nice quality aftermarket body parts and assembly the body with those parts.

It would need time, money and the place to store the shell, as does full rebuilt if you decide to return it back to it`s former glory. But it is a good and very clean looking shell. :confused::think:

Cool. Let me know a price for rear subframe Mark and happy to take complete with arms etc depending on cost unless you plan on keeping them?

Also do you have the rear boot plastic available in good condition, the large one that that sits against tailgate with hole for latch mechanism etc.

Greg

I may be able to store the shell, either as a rolling shell or just the body shell on a bespoke pallet that can be picked up and moved around by my telehandler. As a rebuild project in the future its going to have a better chance as a rolling shell otherwise it'll just be to rebody someones bashed or rusted away body.Give me a call sometime next week and we can see if it makes any sense.

That shell is in really good shape underneath. I think it would be best to try to locate all the stock supra side plastics and full front bumper & rear spoiler and return it back to stock. Another option would be find some nice quality aftermarket body parts and assembly the body with those parts.

It would need time, money and the place to store the shell, as does full rebuilt if you decide to return it back to it`s former glory. But it is a good and very clean looking shell. :confused::think:

Ok thank you for your opinion I am back on with my dilemma I am literally swinging from pillar to post on this!

I may be able to store the shell, either as a rolling shell or just the body shell on a bespoke pallet that can be picked up and moved around by my telehandler. As a rebuild project in the future its going to have a better chance as a rolling shell otherwise it'll just be to rebody someones bashed or rusted away body.Give me a call sometime next week and we can see if it makes any sense.

That Sounds like a good plan at the minute what about some old sub frames just to keep it rolling?

Speak soon ok.

How much for the whole car. Seems sacrilege to part out a clean rsp face-lift car.

/QUOTE]

You could make me a very good offer to twist my arm!

Alternatively what about a non rolling shells value with export papers and is duty and vat paid on the nova system again at the minute I am considering at least keeping the bare shell possibly the whole lot and wait until a suitable doner car surfaces.

I have not contemplated selling as a whole, I bought this shell for some choice parts for my other Supras and thought I would recoup some of my outlay back selling what I do not want.

Please read the first few posts in this thread I was slated for paying 5k for this which I didn't. I initially thought 5k was to much and did agree but I am beginning to wonder if it is worth more! I know for a fact it would have cost more than 5k to bring this in from Japan.

If I can put my hands on a damaged or rough preface lift tt auto that is standard and mechanically sound I will return this back on the road as a oem car.

I am a little confused the vin plate states it had a V160 box with a A03B diff and is a factory RSP 8L5 but would this have been a vvti or not I have guessed pre vvti because of the v160 box.

Thanks

Mark

Cool. Let me know a price for rear subframe Mark and happy to take complete with arms etc depending on cost unless you plan on keeping them?

Also do you have the rear boot plastic available in good condition, the large one that that sits against tailgate with hole for latch mechanism etc.

Greg

Pmd you pal😀