The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Show us your NA!

Scooter

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight ulterior motive, just seeing if there were any I really liked and might be able to prise off of a current owner in the future!

:sly: lol

I'm an N/A man, have been for 11 years (daily driving) and wouldn't swap for a tt. Had my black one for over 8 years and the current 6no one for over 3 :)

Lol see anything you like?

:) I like the stock look (Jim's is prefect, prefer no optional side skirts) and would want a manual really.

It's just an idea at present as I have the two auto TT's and a manual NA/auto TT might be a nice combo. I always enjoyed my NA's and a manual TT I just can't stomach/rationalise the expense.

Really nice to see some lovely NA's. Cool to see a few of them at shows too, I must admit I've thought in the past that taking mine would be a bit daft, lining it up next to all the beautifully built monsters we normally see. This has definitely given me something to think about for the summer. Currently going back and fourth about plans for NA-T but at my age it's boiling down to that or a housing deposit (and the inevitable W58 headaches) :(

Mine isn't anything particularly special, very clean exterior and stock under the bonnet (except a custom exhaust system from M-Tech, which is only 2.5" and single decat). Only slightly unique thing is the odometer reads 30k miles, it's verified back to 2002 but who knows how legitimate this is, seems unusual it would have only covered a couple thousands miles in Japan, engine bay looks very clean compared to most though.

Supra.jpg 15231543_487151228098494_134377498_o.jpg

Would a paint correction be enough to get that nice deep black shine many of yours have? Or would I be looking at a respray? No swirls or anything, just slightly faded colour (even with a full polish).

Edited by Wonga Spar (see edit history)

Would a paint correction be enough to get that nice deep black shine many of yours have? Or would I be looking at a respray? No swirls or anything, just slightly faded colour (even with a full polish).

Lovely looking car Wonga :cool: you could pm someone like Stonkin or Peter Richards to get an opinion, but I'd bet that a clay followed by a machine polish and some good wax would have it looking like new. Black looks amazing when buffed properly/professionally and the type of wax used makes a difference too - I think collinite (sp?) is a good wax that's recommended for darker coloured cars :)

Really nice to see some lovely NA's. Cool to see a few of them at shows too, I must admit I've thought in the past that taking mine would be a bit daft, lining it up next to all the beautifully built monsters we normally see.

I usually have a small crowd around mine in the car park after coming out of the show. What's the difference? Lol!

Here's mine. Mechanically sound, needs a full respray ... familiar story it seems!

Glass lamps, black side repeaters, facelift confetti front seats, after market stereo and rims, otherwise stock as a rock :)

IMG_0353.jpg

Edited by brassbones (see edit history)

A good couple of days carefully going over it with a machine polisher using multiple stages would most definitely see it looking 100x better. 202 is very very soft which means it marks easily but on the flip side it also means its relatively easy buff up.

I am extremely picky with mine and how i wash/polish/wax it.

I use Meguiars products primarily.

Guest Cillian

Lots of nice NAs on this thread, this is my aerotop. Fitted new Work wheels recently and i am in the middle of collecting all the bits for a TT manual swap