The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another whats my supra realistically going to fetch.

supra_jms

I'm suppressed it's not been mentioned yet but the cost to buy and import has risen substantially compared to 4 odd years ago. That will push the prices up and that's not down to people in the UK

Also I just recently bought a TT 6speed for top, but what I believed to be a fair amount of money (about 5k on top of any of my previous supras and one was a single 6speed) because that's the price of them now. For a good one anyways.

To the OP the price isn't as justifiable to me personally, as like others have said I remember when in general auto N/As were very cheap and things like a 6speed box are important to me. That doesn't however mean it's not worth the 7k. Many people love the auto, some people will love the rarity of the aero and colour, others will see a great project car etc.... so it may be worth 7k to them.

People bashing the prices probably don't currently own a Supra and can't afford/justify the prices now so have to have a go at rising prices. Equally though some people are just trying to push prices up with all the "it's too cheap" crap, every time someone lists one to sell. There's a fine balance, but if you can't import one for less then the price must be pretty accurate.

Edited by CarlT67 (see edit history)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the US market being able to import supras will certainly rise the value of all our cars. NA or TT.

It is not because someone from the US is going to buy and import your car but all prices are driven by demand. When the potential market doubles in size (figure of speech) there is more demand, so the prices will go up.

Sorry but I all see on these "what's it worth threads" are under the table advertising for auctions. It's the very same audience so it's a sale thread without a price.

/QUOTE]

Completely agree and the post previous to this demonstrates perfectly this is an auction thread without being in the for sale section!

Im looking to sell some wheels and a spoiler, think ill pop up a whats it worth thread as I've no idea to the value of them and I can't be bothered doing the research.

But it is more difficult to price them these days, there is a red NA aerotop recently added to autotrader for £9,980? It's getting a bit silly imo but then I spose this is what it feels like when any car makes a surge in value for no real explicable reason?

I managed to pick up a black NA 5 speed with limited slip diff, TT brakes, cruise, trc, climate control etc. and TTE Borbet staggered wheels for considerably less than anything in this thread so far. It's just clicked over 100k and that's a mix of KM and miles; I bought it last year. Granted it needs a blow over, but at the price I got it, that's still worth it. No rust or anything underneath, mechanically sound and it had brand spanking new tyres on the front.

Yes but what would you try and sell it for tomorrow ismore the question!? The days of uninformed sellers have almost gone entirely.

I always think this when people say

"i bought a TT auto for 4k 3 years ago.. blah blah blah..."

Yeah, maybe you did, but if you were to sell it tomorrow would you advertise it for 4k?.. i think not!

I always think this when people say

"i bought a TT auto for 4k 3 years ago.. blah blah blah..."

Yeah, maybe you did, but if you were to sell it tomorrow would you advertise it for 4k?.. i think not!

/QUOTE]

hahaha I bought my UK spec single turbo 6 speed for £10,750.... Obviously its massively different now to when I bought it but if it was still the same spec and looks etc as then theirs no chance id be letting that go for £10,750 now :rlol: