The mkiv Supra Owners Club

*** JDM Facelift Auto BPU Supra TT - 86K Miles - 6N0 Grey – with Racelogic T/C ***

r2ck_p

Hi guys, I have a new company car arriving this week and I am either planning to sell my Supra or put her in to storage for a few years.

The spec is endless and the approach by me and the previous owner (both mature club members) has been an open wallet approach to the cars upkeep and maintenance. She hasn't had any track or drag use and is a well looked after and cherished example.

Members have contacted me directly in the past and I haven't really been willing to part with her and although I am not desperate to sell, I am now open minded to the idea.

Make: Toyota

Model: Supra Twin Turbo (BPU) – Pre-vvti

Year: 1996

Facelift: Yes

Mileage: 86K

MOT remaining: 12 Months

Service History:

As well as the regular annual servicing, the car has also had the valve stem seals replaced, crankshaft pulley replaced, copper contacts in the starter motor replaced and coil pack clips replaced. Also had a new Toyota UK Spec Supra battery (higher CCA) and battery terminals replaced. Just had 4 new tyres (£600) in the last 6 weeks and also New Toyota Radiator, New Coolant, New Genuine Toyota Cambelt, Tensioner & Tensioner Pulley, Gates Fan/AUX Belt. Most of the work including the BPU was completed by Chris Wilson with the rest completed by either Toyota or me.

Car's location: Manchester

Modifications:

- Greddy Chrome Radiator Pipe

- Greddy 1.3bar Radiator Cap

- NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

- Walbro 255LPH Uprated Fuel Pump

- HKS Fuel Cut Defender

- Race Logic Traction Control

- Whifbitz 3" Full Stainless Steel Exhaust

- Whifbitz 3" Full Stainless Steel Decat Pipes

- Whifbitz Over Boost Restrictor Ring

- 18" Lexus GS300 Alloys

- UK Spec Front Calipers

- Chris Wilson Stainless Caliper Pistons

- Full Burgendy Leather (£2K receipt)

- Alpine Touch Screen DVD

- OEM Toyota Side Skirts

- UK Supra Bonnet Vent

- Rear Spats

- Clear Side Repeaters

- Polished Brake Reservoir Cover

- Reverse Sensors

Good bits:

It’s ready to enjoy. It’s in great condition with solid bodywork and subframe, no rot and rusting of arches etc. Best colour option in my opinion. It’s has 2 UK owners (both mature club members). The odometer is all in miles not mixed Kilometers/Miles like most. Comes with every MOT since the car has been in the UK and import certificates verifying the cars mileage when imported. All spares - fluids, original exhaust, decats, spare steering wheel, spare centre console, spare rear alloy & new tyre etc. would come with the sale.

Bad bits:

Turns too many heads, so if you’re a little shy maybe not the car for you. A few bits I can think of is:- The drivers electric seat has stopped moving forwards/backwards. Just in the middle of fixing this with the replacement of the worm gears. Obviously the bodywork might have the odd mark as it is 21 years old - very light scratches on the roof (only seen in certain lights/angles), one scratch on the rear bumper (where the bumper curves underneath so difficult to see) and one of the side skirts could do with a small area repainting due to a hairline crack in the paint.

PRICE: TBC

Car History: (Doesn't include everything as I need to go through all my receipts and make sure they are added below)

22/11/2005 -- 101,000 kilometres

08/12/2005 -- New tyres

01/01/2006 -- 64,000 miles. Cam belt, one set of plugs, Toyota engine mounts, Castrol Edge full synthetic, oil filter

01/03/2006 -- 64,518 miles. Rear shock absorber, rear spring, rear top arms

01/07/2006 -- 65,000 miles. Fitted UK Brake Callipers, UK Discs, UK Pads

01/01/2007 -- 66,181 miles. Castrol Edge full synthetic, oil filter

01/08/2007 -- New OEM Toyota Supra Floor mats

01/01/2008 -- 68,400 miles. Castrol Edge full synthetic, oil filter

01/05/2008 -- Fit dash rings

01/07/2008 -- 68,620 miles. Front link arms, front repeater indicator lights, remove front bumper & repaint, fit with new clips. Fit engine under tray.

01/09/2008 -- Fit New OEM Toyota aerial

01/10/2008 -- 69,800 miles. Fit new radiator, new Toyota coolant, new Greddy top hose, new bottom hose

01/01/2009 -- 70,210 miles. Castrol Edge full synthetic, oil filter, boot rubber kit

01/08/2009 -- Fit new valve stem seals, hoses, new plastic plugs

01/11/2009 -- Lumber sensors

01/10/2010 -- 73,920 miles. Castrol Edge full synthetic, oil filter

01/03/2011 -- 74,005 miles. New interior, gearbox oil, bonnet scoop

01/07/2011 -- GS-300 wheels & tyres, new OEM Toyota Front Headlights

01/10/2011 -- 74,283 miles. Castrol Edge full synthetic, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, rear brake pads, new battery

01/03/2012 -- (Chris Wilson) Strip front callipers, stainless steel pistons, front brake pads, new Goodridge hoses, new seal kits

05/08/2012 -- 76,484 miles. 5-40 Fuchs Silkolene / Titan Pro S oil change, Lexus oil filter

18/08/2012 -- Refurbished front & rear wiper arms, fitted Greddy radiator cap

20/11/2012 -- (Chris Wilson) Upgraded to BPU - Walbro fuel pump, 3" Whifbitz S/S decats & single box exhaust, Whifbitz restrictor ring, NGK

cold spark plugs, RL Traction Control, New Coil Pack Clips Fitted

01/03/2013 -- Toyota - New OEM Toyota Fan/Aux Belt Fitted

01/03/2013 -- Refurbished Battery Tie & Radiator Bottle Holder

22/06/2013 -- New IACV VSV Fitted & 2 x Vacuum Hoses

01/07/2013 -- New ABS Wheel Sensor Fitted - Chris Wilson

30/10/2013 -- Multiple Hoses Replaced

01/02/2014 -- New Toyota UK Spec Battery and new Battery Terminals Fitted

08/02/2014 -- UK Spec Toyota Battery Clamp, Rod, Nut, Bolt Fitted

22/03/2014 -- 79,050 miles 5-40 Fuchs Silkolene / Titan Pro S Oil Change, Lexus Oil Filter, Drain Plug Washer

22/03/2014 -- New Copper Contacts & Plunger replaced in the Starter Motor

25/04/2015 -- Toyota - 80,846 miles 5-40 Fuchs Titan Pro S Oil Change, Lexus Oil Filter, Drain Plug Washer

09/05/2015 -- Toyota - Auto Gearbox Pan Oil Change, Strainer/Filter Change, Drain Plug Washer Change Using Toyota T-IV Auto Gearbox Oil

10/10/2015 -- P/S Reservoir cleaned, top & bottom reservoir hoses, hose clips, reservoir holding bolts, P/S Pump O-Ring replaced - Dextron 3 ATF

07/11/2015 -- New genuine Toyota Crank Shaft pulley fitted

20/03/2016 -- 82,823 miles 5-40 Fuchs Titan Pro S Oil Change, Lexus Oil Filter, Drain Plug Washer

10/11/2016 -- New Front Tyres Fitted - Avon ZZ5 - 85,810 miles

14/11/2016 -- New Rear Tyres Fitted - Conti Sport Contact 3

22/02/2017 -- New Genuine Toyota Cambelt, Tensioner & Tensioner Pulley, Gates Fan/AUX Belt. New Toyota Radiator (fitted by Chris Wilson) & New Coolant

25/03/2017 -- Fitted OEM Facelift Analog Dash Clock, previous one stopped working

(The car has been stored in my garage since Feb 2017 and therefore the regular oil change that is due this year hasn't been done yet)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216757[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216758[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216759[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216760[/ATTACH]

Lovely car :thumbs: OEM side skirts by the way :)

Cheers pal.

I thought they are OEM side skirts but Toyota Racing Developments (TRD) ones? Also there is a TRD badge on them.

Anyone got any more input on this so I can amend my advert. :taped:

If this is still available in 4-5 months I'll most probs take it. Pretty much the car I'm looking for. Stock facelift with subtle mods! I like it :)

Carbon_Bullet - The price might of increased by then :p as they just keep increasing in value.

As per a few PM's, I have now attached some additional images of the car.

That's a fantastic looking Supra. I would even suggest that it's one of the nicest Supes that Ive seen posted here for a good while.

I agree, only thing even slightly letting it down are the Lexus rim centre caps not being diamond cut to match.

With stock prefacelift silver ones asking £10K (that are very unlikely to have been serviced anywhere close to this one) it's not even that bad a price.

Hi guys, the PM's and offers received already in just 1 day has been overwhelming and made me really think about if I should sell or keep her for a few more years and put her in to storage. Having spoken to a few members it looks like I listed the car below its market value considering its condition and history and I need a couple of weeks to re-think what I would like to do. I would really hate it if I was to regret selling once a deal is done.

I will report back soon, in the meantime I have removed the price from the advert.

I don't blame you for reconsidering, there was a time you could get back into ownership in a year or two's time fairly easily and perhaps even for less money, it seems those days are definitely gone and especially so for getting back into a known good well looked after one. It would have been interesting to see what it would have gone for, did you get an asking price offer at all?

I seem to remember another member being slated for doing similar on parts, thought a price was a price? Glws.

I don't think it is:

1) a relevant comparison. That was a virtual handshake that had already been agreed before the sale was pulled to re list a CAR PART at a higher price. This is a way more important a decision than selling a second hand part on a forum. And I don't expect any sort of sale has been agreed here and no one agrees a CAR sale on a handshake? it would need a deposit and receipt for that argument to stand!

2) no one else's business other than the OP what he wishes to do with his sale. Whether that is on advice he's received in private he does up his price. Or whether he keeps it.

I don't think it is:

1) a relevant comparison. That was a virtual handshake that had already been agreed before the sale was pulled to re list a CAR PART at a higher price. This is a way more important a decision than selling a second hand part on a forum. And I don't expect any sort of sale has been agreed here and no one agrees a CAR sale on a handshake? it would need a deposit and receipt for that argument to stand!

2) no one else's business other than the OP what he wishes to do with his sale. Whether that is on advice he's received in private he does up his price. Or whether he keeps it.

/QUOTE]

Agreed, if a deals been done it should be honoured. If not its completely up to the OP what he wants to do with his car :)

I seem to remember another member being slated for doing similar on parts, thought a price was a price? Glws.

Hi chaps, the opening line of my post states "I have a new company car arriving this week and I am either planning to sell my Supra or put her in to storage for a few years."

Therefore as you can see I am outlining my intentions from day 1. No offers has been accepted or agreed, only pitches made by interested parties who either wanted to buy her or come to view her. I have been upfront with everyone I have spoken with about me re-thinking the whole thing yesterday so no one has been left in the dark.

Like I said, once I have decided to sell or keep in the next week or two I will update this post.

Cheers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.