The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black - tt - auto - great car.

herbiemercman

Sorry this is dragging on, but probate often takes months, and in some cases years if there's any contention. Hopefully a speedy wrapping up of your late brother's affairs can be reached, it's a sad indictment of UK solicitors that they can make these matters so long drawn out (and very lucrative to themselves). Good luck!

Hello Everyone, The solicitors are dragging their feet with my brother's estate, this is out of my control,

Probate on my father-in-laws estate lasted almost 9 months. His car had to receive independent valuations which for your family is great news. I used webuyanycar and submitted that for probate. Now the last time I checked on that site with my Supra the valuation was £600 so you should be able to get away with that for the probate and anything else on top when sold will effectively be free of death duties. the solicitor agreed to release the car once the value for probate had been defined.

• 11 months later...

Hi Everyone, I feel i should let you all know that my brother's daughter decided to sell the car herself on "Autotrader", she would not take my advice, all be it she is struggling with other matters in my late brother's estate. The advert is not too detailed, quite poor in my opinion, the car reg is L994 SJN, 37,000 miles and she is asking £19950, good luck to her. Link below. Herbie.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710240596921?radius=1500&price-to=20000&model=SUPRA&onesearchad=Used&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&make=TOYOTA&postcode=pr67jt&page=1

Hi Everyone, I feel i should let you all know that my brother's daughter decided to sell the car herself on "Autotrader", she would not take my advice, all be it she is struggling with other matters in my late brother's estate. The advert is not too detailed, quite poor in my opinion, the car reg is L994 SJN, 37,000 miles and she is asking £19950, good luck to her. Link below. Herbie.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710240596921?radius=1500&price-to=20000&model=SUPRA&onesearchad=Used&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&make=TOYOTA&postcode=pr67jt&page=1

Hi Herbie , I have been looking for a TT Auto at the moment. At £19950 its far out of my price bracket - to me that would get me my dream TT6 and not have to settle for an auto. I've sent a message through auto trader with an offer that tied in with the prices discussed in this thread. After reading the thread I hope you and the family are well and got everything sorted out and if i dont get the car then someone who will look after it will. All the best . R.

Silly low miles and if in top genuine condition its got to be worth more than £10k

Needs a better advert for sure, a shame its not 100% original but thats fixed fairly

easily if you can get an OE exhaust and 17" wheels

• 2 weeks later...

I can close the book on this now my other brother just let me know that the car has been sold by Autotrader to an Architect my deceast brother met 20 years back and gave him a ride in the car, he was mega impressed at the time, he never knew then that one day he would own the car, apparently he was looking on Autotrader and saw the car, he made an offer close to the asking price, so this is a great example of the seller and the buyer who knew nothing about these cars being quite happy with the deal, may be the £6K on top of what we thought the right asking price was is ok., "ignorance is bliss". Herbie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi r2ck-p, Chris Wilson cured this very problem when my brother had the car, it was a software issue if i remember rightly, sort of comes on from age and lack of use, Chris will fix it, better than a box rebuild, which most of the uninitiated go for, as in fairness, they do not know any better.! Herbie.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.