The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Supra RZ 2JZ GTE White and stunning

Jakemanlives

I like threads like that helps u see whats up before viewing. Good on you :) I thought for a minute it was that stunning tt6 in white that sold a month back but that was a beautiful example.

Is it possible for me to see the listing of the sold supra. New to this forum thanks.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting that you say you were ripped off when you bought it, yet you advertise it here initially for £1000 more than the fleabay listing and you take offence that that's pointed out. Good luck.

Actually. I didn't haggle when I bought it. I paid what they asked. I expect on here my thrashing will continue and I'll sell it for very much less than I advertised. I didn't expect in a million years I would get what I paid for it. On the other hand I have a 1976 Gibson Les Paul. Awesome guitar. Worth £1300. But if I auctioned it and two people wanted it because it was so rare and the chance might not come their way again I could and likely would get excess of £2000. I will heed your moral lesson and aspire to your values and honesty. You like me must have a very strong sense of fiscal honesty. If I said you could have the car for 5k would you take it? Or tell me to not be stupid.

Ok thanks for the english lesson, as they say everyday is a school day, i`m done talking to you but i will say this, i doubt very much you will sell your car on this forum (present tense) and bmw motors? might offer you half of what you`re looking for.

:D Post of the day.

Actually. I didn't haggle when I bought it. I paid what they asked. I expect on here my thrashing will continue and I'll sell it for very much less than I advertised. I didn't expect in a million years I would get what I paid for it. On the other hand I have a 1976 Gibson Les Paul. Awesome guitar. Worth £1300. But if I auctioned it and two people wanted it because it was so rare and the chance might not come their way again I could and likely would get excess of £2000. I will heed your moral lesson and aspire to your values and honesty. You like me must have a very strong sense of fiscal honesty. If I said you could have the car for 5k would you take it? Or tell me to not be stupid.

/QUOTE]

You answered that yourself.

Always haggle! [emoji41] and yes, don't be stupid [emoji106]

Always haggle! [emoji41] and yes, don't be stupid [emoji106]

Thank you. I was ripped by revitup. Com. I was naive and stupid. Never had any money in my life until I forced sale of house because I had cancer and needed money in reserve for an operation. My ex is scum. I have had the privilege of

Owning an awesome machine. Had my fun. I want my money back in case my cancer returns.

Thank you for being the first real person in here.

I'm sorry I've been an ass. This isn't what I am. I just want to salvage my disastrous purchase. I accept i have been screwed by Revitup.com. The car is awesome and surely it must be worth something near what I paid. I trusted them and paid the price. No jokes please.

Thank you. I was ripped by revitup. Com. I was naive and stupid. Never had any money in my life until I forced sale of house because I had cancer and needed money in reserve for an operation. My ex is scum. I have had the privilege of

Owning an awesome machine. Had my fun. I want my money back in case my cancer returns.

Thank you for being the first real person in here.

/QUOTE]

Sorry you had to deal with Cancer, and fingers crossed that you're all clear for the future.

But from what the other members have been saying is just to be more up front with the cars history, will make a huge difference to the sale.

Okay if you were ripped off from the get go then it's never a good start, but selling the car in different places at different prices isn't really cool.

Good luck with the sale, although as someone else mentioned, it probably won't be to anyone on here.

Give the guy a break.

I know some of the history of this car and purchase and he did indeed buy into the traders sale pitch, some people are a little bit too trusting of others and this is probably the case here. Not everyone is a supra expert or knows what to look for when buying one.

I've seen this car in the flesh up close, and although it isn't the best, it certainly isn't any where near the worst i've seen either.

If i was you Jakemanlives i'd probably knock the sale on the head for now and tart the car up a little. Standard front bumper, bonnet done whilst you're at it. Undersealed. Facelift lights. battery clamp, jacking poinits straightened out, horn, new boltsers for the seats (£50 on eBay) etc. The engine is strong and gearbox is good so no issues there. You'd shell out less than you'll lose if you sell it as it is. People who have £16k to buy a supra are always going to be put off by small things that are easily sorted as it makes the car look like it hasn't been looked after.

The other option is ring revitup and sell it back to them, they'll definitely buy it back im 100% certain of that, but maybe for £12k'ish.

My offer still stands on your steering wheel by the way :thumbs:

Here's the original Revitup facebook for sale thread if anyone is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/Revitupukcom/photos/?tab=album&album_id=447326008768894

Give the guy a break.

I know some of the history of this car and purchase and he did indeed buy into the traders sale pitch, some people are a little bit too trusting of others and this is probably the case here. Not everyone is a supra expert or knows what to look for when buying one.

I've seen this car in the flesh up close, and although it isn't the best, it certainly isn't any where near the worst i've seen either.

If i was you Jakemanlives i'd probably knock the sale on the head for now and tart the car up a little. Standard front bumper, bonnet done whilst you're at it. Undersealed. Facelift lights. battery clamp, jacking poinits straightened out, horn, new boltsers for the seats (£50 on eBay) etc. The engine is strong and gearbox is good so no issues there. You'd shell out less than you'll lose if you sell it as it is. People who have £16k to buy a supra are always going to be put off by small things that are easily sorted as it makes the car look like it hasn't been looked after.

The other option is ring revitup and sell it back to them, they'll definitely buy it back im 100% certain of that, but maybe for £12k'ish.

My offer still stands on your steering wheel by the way :thumbs:

Here's the original Revitup facebook for sale thread if anyone is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/Revitupukcom/photos/?tab=album&album_id=447326008768894

Now you've adjusted the price I'd sit tight and see if you get a viewing. Lots of the issues highlighted when it was for sale before are tidying ones. Someone could buy a mint looking one and have one turbo issue and end up spending more than tidying yours.

Highlight the positives of the car, gearbox drive train are presumably solid? post some underneath pics up, someone says about folded sills rusting but nearly every time it's superficial and can be repaired easily, basically now the car has rightly or wrongly been rubbished a bit, just put up loads of pictures.

It's a shame you didn't get on here for advice before purchasing, I don't think you'll be the last to get a little stung by the current high prices where the OK/average cars are getting hauled up with the mint ones, but you have your health back now and it will sell for a sizeable amount even if it's a few grand less than you'd like.

Now you've adjusted the price I'd sit tight and see if you get a viewing. Lots of the issues highlighted when it was for sale before are tidying ones. Someone could buy a mint looking one and have one turbo issue and end up spending more than tidying yours.

Highlight the positives of the car, gearbox drive train are presumably solid? post some underneath pics up, someone says about folded sills rusting but nearly every time it's superficial and can be repaired easily, basically now the car has rightly or wrongly been rubbished a bit, just put up loads of pictures.

It's a shame you didn't get on here for advice before purchasing, I don't think you'll be the last to get a little stung by the current high prices where the OK/average cars are getting hauled up with the mint ones, but you have your health back now and it will sell for a sizeable amount even if it's a few grand less than you'd like.

Thank you Scooter for your very clear understanding. I was ripped off. I am ashamed to admit that. I don't know if I should keep the car. I can get bonnet resprayed and sort front bumper for less than a grand: buy new seats. Battery strap etc. The car is an awesome drive. Everything tight as hell. As a machine it's perfect. As a piece of art it's not. I've been offered 11. Don't know what to do.

I got massively stung with my current car (project)

Reguardless we like honesty over anything else as it will come out eventually if its a car club car or has been in the club.

personally I would fix it all up for the sake of say 3k and see what the prices are in a years time. Im sure they will have risen. or sort the issues out and sale for a price your happy with.

Other than that sale it for a price your happy with the ball sin your court and its a sellers market at the moment, these are becoming rarer every day.

All the best with the sale.

Thank you Scooter for your very clear understanding. I was ripped off. I am ashamed to admit that. I don't know if I should keep the car. I can get bonnet resprayed and sort front bumper for less than a grand: buy new seats. Battery strap etc. The car is an awesome drive. Everything tight as hell. As a machine it's perfect. As a piece of art it's not. I've been offered 11. Don't know what to do.

/QUOTE]

Do you want to keep the car or sell? As crappy as it is being ripped off, don't let that sour your Supra experience. :)

I got massively stung with my current car (project)

Reguardless we like honesty over anything else as it will come out eventually if its a car club car or has been in the club.

personally I would fix it all up for the sake of say 3k and see what the prices are in a years time. Im sure they will have risen. or sort the issues out and sale for a price your happy with.

Other than that sale it for a price your happy with the ball sin your court and its a sellers market at the moment, these are becoming rarer every day.

All the best with the sale.

Thank you. Paid 15,995 and didn't haggle. Just wasn't ready to take a big hit but getting used to it.

Don't sell it for any less than you have it for sale now bud, it is all superficial stuff like Scooter says. I only suggested a standard front due to the du luck being a bit marmite, you'll get more interest it the car has standard trim i'm sure. If the lights are in good shape i probably wouldn't bother with them either. For the sake of £1.5k doing a little bit here and there you'll end up with a lovely looking car that is mechanically sound, You'd shift it for £16k no problem then i'd imagine. The white 6sp is very sought after after the last fast and furious film, and with yours being a vvti too that makes it even better :thumbs:

Don't sell it for any less than you have it for sale now bud, it is all superficial stuff like Scooter says. I only suggested a standard front due to the du luck being a bit marmite, you'll get more interest it the car has standard trim i'm sure. If the lights are in good shape i probably wouldn't bother with them either. For the sake of £1.5k doing a little bit here and there you'll end up with a lovely looking car that is mechanically sound, You'd shift it for £16k no problem then i'd imagine. The white 6sp is very sought after after the last fast and furious film, and with yours being a vvti too that makes it even better :thumbs:

Great. Finally getting there. I might just keep the car. Best offer yet has been 11.5k. Have u seen my new pics and dyno test vid. I thought I was only allowed 1 pic. But thought people would check out eBay. Have not been able to update eBay as I'm doing all this from an I6 plus. Can only update eBay on full site access from PC.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.