The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged

Ian C

This guy doesn't seem to be struggling on track :cool:

I'm old now, I want a wafty GT :) I've never been one for mentalling round bends, I feel too mortal!

Defo agree with this, but what a sound track and car to do it with!

Just going to leave this here:-

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201604243288416?aggregatedTrim=Dynamic%20R&make=jaguar&maximum-mileage=up_to_60000_miles&maximum-age=up_to_10_years_old&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&minimum-badge-engine-size=5.0&model=xkr&postcode=pr76fu&radius=1500&page=1&sort=default&search-target=usedcars&logcode=p

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 10K saving is a big bonus. Im in full on 2JZ project mode now. Garage is cleared for hopefully a engine delivery later this week :D

Can't wait for that to be done!!!

Sorry for the hijack Ian :) Let me know if you get one, would love to hear your views!

Can't wait for that to be done!!!

Sorry for the hijack Ian :) Let me know if you get one, would love to hear your views!

It's all good, nice too see all this info and interest :) Hopefully this year, perhaps nearer the end of it it, if all goes to plan :)

Its better than a supra :D

Exige isnt comfy and if you do a motorway journey in one you feel like you have. Least when you do it in a supra or something as plush as these its an event and just eats up the miles - what a GT is for :D

So it should be 20 years on and at that price :)

Was just in the morning commute queue next to an Exige and thought it would be fun, but you are sort of reinforcing my point that we are more future GTR and XKR's owners (comfort and speed) than Exige, Caterham etc types.

Does anyone ever veer towards something light and dainty like an Exige or similar...........do you think grunt/GT'ness is in the blood more?

Sometimes I get an itch for a lighter, smaller, older, manual, normally aspirated sports car, but it would have to be in addition to my Supra. I would probably stick with Front engine, Rear wheel drive though, so would probably go for something like a CaterField or an MX5 over an Elise. A CaterField with an E46 M3 engine and gearbox would be a truly wonderful thing :cool:

Sometimes I get an itch for a lighter, smaller, older, manual, normally aspirated sports car, but it would have to be in addition to my Supra. I would probably stick with Front engine, Rear wheel drive though, so would probably go for something like a CaterField or an MX5 over an Elise. A CaterField with an E46 M3 engine and gearbox would be a truly wonderful thing :cool:

Unless you like going around corners :)

Caterfields are just a compromise IMHO. They're not the best on track and lethal/crap on the road.

Unless you like going around corners :)

Caterfields are just a compromise IMHO. They're not the best on track and lethal/crap on the road.

I'm not bothered about setting lap records. Something pretty quick, gives loads of feedback, with a straight 6 soundtrack would do me fine :cool:

I have to actually physically fit into a car, at 6'7", so that rules out anything smaller than a Soop/XK style platform. The XK is actually a bit tighter but I do fit and would get used to it - the Supra was claustrophobic when I first got it!

Also I don't fit in the Aston Vantage, but that's just a rebadged XK with a stupid dash anyway :D

The list of kit on an XK is insane, it's all the good stuff and none of the more recent cheese that clutters a car up. I suspect it'll be comfier as well, and I'll need to park it in a multistorey occasionally that the Soop is too low-slung for etc etc. oh and the joy of using any old petrol station :D