The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Many thanks again, David P

Delboy52

Well it looks like the gods have spoken (Work Wheels Japan) and made the decision for me. The Brembo brakes I have won't fit under the 18" custom wheels I've ordered unless I go 19". The whole point of shaping these brakes to the degree they are is to stay 18". So, looks like I'm going to have to revert to 356mm Ksports.

Probably for the best dude, porterfield rs4 pads transform the k sports.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks like the gods have spoken (Work Wheels Japan) and made the decision for me. The Brembo brakes I have won't fit under the 18" custom wheels I've ordered unless I go 19". The whole point of shaping these brakes to the degree they are is to stay 18". So, looks like I'm going to have to revert to 356mm Ksports.

So you got me into trouble for nothing? ;)

Thanks for that. :shrug:

After Mike has nice new shiny Kunifer brake pipes to polish, the next weakest link in the chain would be the caliper mounts, particularly the drivers side.

This casting wasn't as user friendly as the other and I chose to remove a little steel from a bulging shoulder of the ball joint taper socket, I think? In preference to taking any more off the caliper. This is without doubt the next weakest link, however, because of my alternative fetling, Mike's weakest link will be stronger than others that have been done.

Regardless, no-one seems the slightest bit bothered about the iffy-est ingredient of this conversion at all?

Edited by David P (see edit history)

So you got me into trouble for nothing? ;)

Thanks for that. :shrug:

After Mike has nice new shiny Kunifer brake pipes to polish, the next weakest link in the chain would be the caliper mounts, particularly the drivers side.

This casting wasn't as user friendly as the other and I chose to remove a little steel from a bulging shoulder of the ball joint taper socket, I think? In preference to taking any more off the caliper. This is without doubt the next weakest link, however, because of my alternative fetling, Mike's weakest link will be stronger than others that have been done.

Regardless, no-one seems the slightest bit bothered about the iffy-est ingredient of this conversion at all?

Do you mean the bottom arm ball joint socket surround?

Do you mean the bottom arm ball joint socket surround?

That's the one, the closest edge of shoulder to the caliper is now square instead of round, just like Bernard Cribbins would like it.

No strength to worry about was lost from the socket, yet this allowed for more strength to remain in the caliper mount.

My observation from actually having done this job, is that this is the weakest link in the chain for this brake conversion.

Edited by David P (see edit history)