The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kodi add-ons

Graham1984

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a bluray player in the hardware then yes. Unless you mean bluray rips.... in that case yes too.

How exactly is this accomplished? None of my blurays work in Kodi, I have a bluray drive and Windows Explorer recognizes the disc with the title and everything, when I select the disc in Kodi nothing happens at all.:(

Exodus is a bit flaky for me at the moment, most of the movie options are not going anywhere.

Anyway, Exodus is missing some functionality that I wanted - which seems to be only available using library integration.

So, I thought I'd try Salts + Library integration (thanks Scott) - working a treat so far.

EDIT - Also using Trakt to keep track of everything. That works brilliantly too. And can be maintained from the website. Which is handy in the initial setup.

EDIT 2 - I am currently looking to see if there is a way to get 'my next episodes' (from salt/trakt) onto the home screen.

I wouldn't recommend using SALTS for that functionality to be honest. I only use SALTS for when I'm struggling to find anything on Specto. The Specto integration is exactly as it was in Genesis.... it just works. All the main sources from both places too so works well for me.

Exodus I only use for one off things, much the same as SALTS, it's a lot quicker though as there are less sources and less sorting required.

Also, I hated trakt. I already have a MySQL database to sort all my watched stuff anyway so it was just a pointless addon I didn't need. It was also a pain getting it to put a tick on the items that I had watched.

My main aversion to Specto comes from this thread https://forums.tvaddons.ag/lambda-s-xbmc-addons/40524-specto-fork-genesis.html

Edit - And the lack of support from the tvaddons community, which is where I am doing a lot reading, while getting to grips with this :)

Doesn't worry me in the slightest. Most of my addons aren't supported by TVAddons, and are in fact frowned upon.

It's just a guy that loved the addon that decided to carry it on once Genesis died. If Exodus had library integration I would use that, but it doesn't and SALTS is a PITA to use with the library.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...