berg

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theyll be plenty of those :)

Whats causing it do you know?

/QUOTE]

It's odd mate. Seems to struggle to start but turns so battery is fine and has good charge (tested with meter). When it does fire up after multiple attempts it shoots to 2.5k rpm which is bizarre and then settles after a minute but sounds like a misfire and dips below 1k rpm too every 8-10 seconds. However, on the road when driving "properly" it's absolutely brilliant. I'm guessing a problem with either coil pack clips, packs themselves or spark plugs as it seems to be fuelling fine. AFR is spot on too.

Also there is a serious amount of heat on idle so much so that the SRD twin fans came on which is a little concerning, never had that before.

Any other ideas? :)

Just a suggestion here... Maybe a dirty idle speed control valve?

Exaclty the same issue on my cossie... Cleaned the iscv and it started and runs a dream.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?210956-How-To-Clean-Idle-Control-Valve-Cleaning-Aka-ICV-(IAC)

Thanks mate that's really helpful. I'll give that a shot of over the weekend. Thanks buddy ;)

I was thinking of coming to this now. I am pondering if I bought and Individual display ticket, would I be able to sneak onto the club stand if I got there nice and early... Maybe. If not I can be a lone wolf :)

You can come up with me mate if not. My other half isn't sure if she is coming.