The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What did you think of the budget?

Chris Wilson

My favourite part was watching the faces of the opposition. And Commisar Harmans response was pathetic.

Otherwise, I'm glad that finally they will introduce legislation to prevent borrowing during times of growth, even an idiot knows that is common sense.

Pretty good overall, best thing for me personally is the annual investment allowance fixed at £200,000. It was due to drop from £500,000 to £25,000 at the end of this year, which is worth basically nothing to me when I purchase new CNC machinery at £250,000 each, this will help me to keep creating more jobs for people.

I thought it was a very positive budget. Good news for the lower end on the tax. The child care will help a few people I know, which is good. I welcome the Corp. Tax cuts as well, but I'm still sceptical of the Northern Powerhouse idea. Many main businesses will still operate out of London.

Worked for me, limiting child tax credits to the first 2 children should have been done years ago and capping benefits to £20,000 is a good step. Nobody should get more for sitting on their ass than someone who goes out to work. Increasing the minimum wage whilst a interesting footnote isn't something I can see making much of a difference with the price of things these days, this needs much more of a boost to get away from the "I'm better off on benefits" culture.

Fuel duty being frozen is good but already the price is getting back to what it was a few months ago. Also...

• Vehicle Excise Duty is also being reformed. New cars will pay a variable rate, but beyond the first year, drivers will pay £140 in tax on most cars. Drivers are exempt if the car has zero carbon emissions.

Hmm no savings buying a nice small economic car then?

Car insurance premium tax is being hiked from 6pc to 9.5pc - BOOO!

A new National Living Wage to reach £9 per hour by 2020 - Boooo!

Corporation tax will be cut to 19pc in 2017 - YAY!

Small firms' NI contributions will fall, with a £3,000 employment allowance. - YAY!

Dividend tax credit will be replaced by a new £5,000 tax-free dividend allowance. - YAY!

But dividend tax rates are going up from zeo to 7.5pc for basic rate income tax payers - BOOOOOOOOO! :angry:

The rest of it about making people get jobs is brilliant. I just wish they weren't making small business owners pay so much more via min wage increases, mandatory pensions and dividend taxes :(

Why are people moaning about paying more then minimum wage?

Because if you have quite a few staff in a relatively unskilled job that are on low wages, you're suddenly having to increase your costs by a substantial amount. That means your sale prices need to rise, which mean people need to pay more for the goods, or if you're unlucky enough to be in a market that's cheaper to outsource abroad - you become uncompetitive in the market.

Was hoping they would ban cash and put an end to the cash in hand and black market stifling the country of much need Tax revenue and Jobs......

One thing the Greek crisis has taught me is just how under control we are by the government. Money locked down, taken away, whatever they choose really.