Urgent - Cat removal advice

Attero

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done for preserving.

So is the O2 sensor in tact and its just the plastic plug at the end of the cable that's broken?

The cat temp sensor wife can be cut, just make sure it doesn't touch the underside of the car or you will get the cat overheat light come up, so just make sure you insulate the conductor and tuck it out of the way.

Well done for preserving.

So is the O2 sensor in tact and its just the plastic plug at the end of the cable that's broken?

The cat temp sensor wife can be cut, just make sure it doesn't touch the underside of the car or you will get the cat overheat light come up, so just make sure you insulate the conductor and tuck it out of the way.

I managed to remove the temp sensor probe in the end so will insulate it and tie it out the way with some metal tie clips. Yes the sensor is intact but the plug has ripped of the wire.

I managed to remove the temp sensor probe in the end so will insulate it and tie it out the way with some metal tie clips. Yes the sensor is intact but the plug has ripped of the wire.

Ok well you don't need a new sensor. Its a single wire on an na, follow the cable from the other one and you will see where it plugs into, then once you know what you are looking for, look on the other side for one of the same plug and sockets. Unplug the plug and you should be able to pick it to pieces and re-make the connection. Worse case scenario, strip back the end of the sensor wire and connect it to the other side of the socket where you will see a single wire exiting. If you like and can wait I can take some pics from the Carmel's NA, but wont be until tomorrow eve, sorry.

Ok well you don't need a new sensor. Its a single wire on an na, follow the cable from the other one and you will see where it plugs into, then once you know what you are looking for, look on the other side for one of the same plug and sockets. Unplug the plug and you should be able to pick it to pieces and re-make the connection. Worse case scenario, strip back the end of the sensor wire and connect it to the other side of the socket where you will see a single wire exiting. If you like and can wait I can take some pics from the Carmel's NA, but wont be until tomorrow eve, sorry.

Ok cheers mate I will look at that tomorrow, worst caser senario and i have broken the clip too is the above link ok?

No that's not a direct replacement. But Jake, if its just the plug thats come off the end of the lead then you don't actually have to replace it, its salvageable. Hang on and I will find you the direct replacement.

A ramp is a Godsend of course, as are top quality single hex wobble sockets and oxy-acetylene gear. I have still been left cursing, sweating and bloody knuckled. Not a fun job when every damned nut seemed to have a personal vendetta against you.

Yeah my tool collection is limited but not too bad. Been trying to replace everything as I go with halfords advance stuff, as it seems good quality and doesn't break the bank. Managed to fill one tool cabinet.

Its good to know that even with the correct kit it can be a sod of a job. Tbh now its all off once I find an o2 sensor to order (that I need to find today) hopefully it should be easy now Bolting it all back up.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I had a couple of work calls last night and then it got too late to start looking.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBX-Oxygen-O2-Sensor-92-94-LEXUS-GS300-SC300-3-0L-L6-2JZGE-/121444430620?hash=item1c46a6f31c

Sadly that ones in the US.

I cant see from the photo if this is a 2 wire one, if it is its not a massive issue as one wire just needs to be grounded, but that then makes it not a direct fit that I know you are looking for.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-Denso-Lambda-Sensors-DOX-0110-/321320636430?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Plat_Gen%3AJZA80&hash=item4ad033d00e

Will continue to look when I get a bit more time.

Jake,

Give these guys a call. I have used them before and they are pretty good. But what concerns me is that they may supply the part you need but without the plug that you haven't got. I will have a look this evening to see if I have a spare plug on an old sensor, I may.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Green-Spark-Plug-Co/Lambda-Oxygen-Sensors-/_i.html?_fsub=3325436011&_sid=764494581&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Edited by Shane (see edit history)

Thanks mate. Just looked and it says to leave 14 days for delivery. I will ring Steve In a mine and see what he can do. If its a similar price to that I will just order one I think. Thanks for the help if you do get chance and find another link. Feel free to post :) thanks

Thanks mate. Just looked and it says to leave 14 days for delivery. I will ring Steve In a mine and see what he can do. If its a similar price to that I will just order one I think. Thanks for the help if you do get chance and find another link. Feel free to post :) thanks

No worries. I forgot to include the link in the last post and have added it now.

Sorry about that mate but am pretty busy at work just now and all over the place.