The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chris' (Boostman) NA build Thread

boostman

Any more updates Chris? The cars looking better every time I see an update to this thread :thumbs:

I changed the dash to leds the other day but not happy with the colour/brightness so iv got some brighter whiter leds to pop in. Got the rocker cover gasket changed as it was still leaking and bought some new hids as the passenger side has gone dim.

Interested RE the manifold if its a straight bolt on fittment or not?

It's still on my bench in the garage, it will definitely need a bash but we'll have to wait and see!

Real busy at work at the mo so not much progress.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed the dash to leds the other day but not happy with the colour/brightness so iv got some brighter whiter leds to pop in. Got the rocker cover gasket changed as it was still leaking and bought some new hids as the passenger side has gone dim.

It's still on my bench in the garage, it will definitely need a bash but we'll have to wait and see!

Real busy at work at the mo so not much progress.

Is Heckler the guy to go to in terms of buying all blue-lit dash LED's?

• 4 weeks later...

Well today has been eventful!

Thought I'd have a look at the rust on the sill, just a look I said....hours later!

It appears the sill has been replaced, just the center bit under the drivers door and where it was welded together it's rusted!

I should have taken a magnet with me to Graham's haha lots of filler over the weld!

Once I started chipping it away I simply couldn't stop.

So today I removed all the filler and sanded back the rusty area and used krust to stabalise it, then iv had a go at some filler aswell and sanded it down.

I'm dreading the painting bit due to having to do it with the door open and having to cover everything, but thats for the weekend!

• 2 months later...

It's been while since I've done anything interesting to the supra however I have been buying bits here and there, there is a large pile in the garage! Haha

Fitted some new leather bits on the hand brake and gear stick along with a new gear knob!

I'm very pleased with the results!

The handle part is made from a mk3 supra leather cover I cut to fit! [emoji2]

I still need to adjust the driver window, just waiting for a dry day!

• 4 weeks later...

Some people need there fingers chopping off!

Fitted some fog light pcbs today in prep for the mot next week.

Simple task you might think.... Unless some one had cut all the wires and spade crimped them back together and not taped them up. It gets worse they have been modified in a strange way. The reverse light on the drivers side is powered from an extra cable from the passenger side....

All the exposed wiring was green and just fell apart so hardly any lights worked once it was disturbed!

I temperoraly fixed it whilst including the pcbs so it passes the mot.

In the spring I'll remove the lights and refurb both of the looms.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Any more updates?

Not really, been busy with work and moving house!

I've changed all the vacuum hoses for new silicone ones which has actually improved the tickover, it's now much smoother and constant!

Got some red silicone rad hoses to fit aswell!

Great thread, your car is similar to the one I just got, same colour too, did you just screw on that antenna or did you remove the motor unit from the old one first? The antenna was snapped off when I bought the car and I dont want to replace with an ac looking one, so the stubby one could be an option.

Great thread, your car is similar to the one I just got, same colour too, did you just screw on that antenna or did you remove the motor unit from the old one first? The antenna was snapped off when I bought the car and I dont want to replace with an ac looking one, so the stubby one could be an option.

I did cheat a little when changing the aerial...

I used a DS3 stubby aerial.

I then cut the original aerial around 2 inches from the bottom and used some crimping pliers to squash the aerial around the thread of the stubby.

I put some black "sticks like s**t" on the bottom and pushed it down.

You can't tell it's not a genuine fitted aerial so I'm happy! :)

Very pikey I know, but only cost around £8 for the stubby compared to around £50-70 for the s2000 aerial.

I put a signal booster in aswell, but get a proper one, the Chinese one just make it worse lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I did cheat a little when changing the aerial...

I used a DS3 stubby aerial.

I then cut the original aerial around 2 inches from the bottom and used some crimping pliers to squash the aerial around the thread of the stubby.

I put some black "sticks like s**t" on the bottom and pushed it down.

You can't tell it's not a genuine fitted aerial so I'm happy! :)

Very pikey I know, but only cost around £8 for the stubby compared to around £50-70 for the s2000 aerial.

I put a signal booster in aswell, but get a proper one, the Chinese one just make it worse lol

I never investigated why the radio signal was so bad- I listened to Radio 1 once and it was so bad (signal and content) I just gave up with it :D