The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chris' (Boostman) NA build Thread

boostman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK got it back from the garage today, they changed the distributor oring and gave the car the once over.

There findings:

Needs a new power steering pump as it's leaking, (just bought one from virus)

The rocker gasket is leaking.

And it needs new rear upper suspension arm bushes.

So need to source a rocker gasket and rear bushes!

OK got it back from the garage today, they changed the distributor oring and gave the car the once over.

There findings:

Needs a new power steering pump as it's leaking, (just bought one from virus)

The rocker gasket is leaking.

And it needs new rear upper suspension arm bushes.

So need to source a rocker gasket and rear bushes!

I'm guessing that's the bush that was in the advisory on the MOT. The rocker cover was changed the day before you bought it, Is it leaking from the back or something?

Pictures look nice in your previous post- hows the tyres holding up? Did you reset the B-trip (I was tracking the tyre mileage life on it and am intrigued to how far they go)

I'm guessing that's the bush that was in the advisory on the MOT. The rocker cover was changed the day before you bought it, Is it leaking from the back or something?

Pictures look nice in your previous post- hows the tyres holding up? Did you reset the B-trip (I was tracking the tyre mileage life on it and am intrigued to how far they go)

Yes it's the one from the mot. He said it's not bad really there's only a very small amount of play.

Oh ok, Yeh he said it was at the back running down onto the gearbox.

When doing the decat wrap I could see the oil he's talking about.

Yes it's the one from the mot. He said it's not bad really there's only a very small amount of play.

Oh ok, Yeh he said it was at the back running down onto the gearbox.

When doing the decat wrap I could see the oil he's talking about.

Oh and I haven't reset trip B, I'm saving it just for you! [emoji14]

So far its just hit 2k and the tyres are fine! :)

Yeah it was minor- Iirc it could give a small judder like sound if on a hard turn and pulling away.

I remember reading ages ago Keron said they're prone to having a leak at times at the back right (someone correct me if wrong) and that one of the bolts need nipping up slightly. I just don't see how it could go again as that would be the 2nd time I had that changed- I'm actually a bit miffed at that (apologies to you too)

Keep me posted on the tyres I'll be interested to see what they do- I can't remember what the mileage was on when you bought it for that trip- around 200 rings a bell.

Yeah it was minor- Iirc it could give a small judder like sound if on a hard turn and pulling away.

I remember reading ages ago Keron said they're prone to having a leak at times at the back right (someone correct me if wrong) and that one of the bolts need nipping up slightly. I just don't see how it could go again as that would be the 2nd time I had that changed- I'm actually a bit miffed at that (apologies to you too)

Keep me posted on the tyres I'll be interested to see what they do- I can't remember what the mileage was on when you bought it for that trip- around 200 rings a bell.

Oh ok I'll give it a clean and see if I can tighten it, may add a little industrial strength silicone to the back aswell [emoji6]

Yeh I will, it was around 200 miles yes.

Had a quick fiddle under the bonnet today. The rocker cover bolts were quite lose so tightened them up!

Put another jubilee clip round the decat flex and hopefully this will get rid of the remaining noise!

I also changed the air filter as it was filthy, and to my surprise it was a K&N! So I'll get it cleaned up! :)

Bad news on the power steering pump though, the one I bought off virus was damaged in transit and it's bent the shaft! :( the leak on mine isn't too bad so no real rush!

Gave the engine a good clean, alot of the vacuum hoses are looking a bit perished so will look into some silicone replacements soon!

Good news about the rocker cover bolts being loose- must be the reason for the oil leak. The K&N filter was bought around summer 2012, so it has about 30k miles through it.

Looks like you've kept on top of the wheels too, it's looking good. Shame about the power steering pump though.

• 1 month later...

Yeh iv been doing bits and pieces, waiting till iv got a bit more done then I'll stick the pics on here.

Iv redone most of the grounds in the car and amazingly all the interior lights are brighter not sure if it's done much else.

Iv also started wiring in a nice Class D vibe amp for the front speakers and the new stock sub.

It's booked in next week for the power steering pump to be fitted, iv polished the reservoir! :)

Took it to japshow and ran 15.34 seconds so was happy with that for an na [emoji14]

Oh and iv ordered my leds to convert the speedo to white :)

Yeh iv been doing bits and pieces, waiting till iv got a bit more done then I'll stick the pics on here.

Iv redone most of the grounds in the car and amazingly all the interior lights are brighter not sure if it's done much else.

Iv also started wiring in a nice Class D vibe amp for the front speakers and the new stock sub.

It's booked in next week for the power steering pump to be fitted, iv polished the reservoir! :)

Took it to japshow and ran 15.34 seconds so was happy with that for an na [emoji14]

Oh and iv ordered my leds to convert the speedo to white :)

Nice, sounds like it's in good hands. Looking forward to the pics too.

Not a bad time too, was curious to see how it would of gone with the Mines working well- loads of NA people wanted to beat Skippyboyo's 14.3 record just to knock him off his perch :D

Nice work :thumbs:

Thanks [emoji1]

Nice, sounds like it's in good hands. Looking forward to the pics too.

Not a bad time too, was curious to see how it would of gone with the Mines working well- loads of NA people wanted to beat Skippyboyo's 14.3 record just to knock him off his perch :D

14.3 na!!! How? Slicks, nos? Haha

Yeh hopefully the new caps fix it!

Thanks [emoji1]

14.3 na!!! How? Slicks, nos? Haha

Yeh hopefully the new caps fix it!

Well, driving 1/4 mile is maybe little harder what people think... American car journos did get 14.5s-14.7s for 1/4 mile back in the 90's. I don't know were those test drive cars equipped with LSD or not, but they did have 16" alloys and early 90 tires. This guy drives slightly modded n/a in this video 14.2s, his best was 14.0. I did read his thread year ago, it was good read. Now i don't find it anymore. :search: Mines ecu will improve time, because it has higher rev limit and much more better torque in mid range. It is more easier to drive fast and it goes better from standstill than stock one :)

Video:

Anyhow, you have a very nice car :)

Back from the garage today with my polished pas pump, oil, filter, brake fluid and aux belt changed.

Here's a few pics below, slowly painting all the caps red [emoji14]

Iv redone the grounds and also ran some new ones, and before any says it I know there's not much point but it cost nothing and I like to play with cables! [emoji14]

Removed the sound deadening aswell, it had gone a bit shabby.

• 3 weeks later...
Good work mate! Test drive reports please ;) I hope you could fix that ecu. Could be a good combination, mines ecu+that manifold.

Yeh got to fit the manifold, it won't be for a while, I'll need a whole day with the hammer and blowtorch! ;p

And yeh at some point I'll eventually get round to the ecu! :)

• 1 month later...