The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chris' (Boostman) NA build Thread

boostman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did have a look for pods but could only find whifbitz ones which were £200 lol

That is cheeky, didn't realise the bumper had been resprayed when you had it, there is some spidering on the bumper aswell like they didn't put enough plasticiser or what ever in the paint. :(

Will look nice with the new plate on though! :) Will post a pic when it's on!

I have some pods for sale :)

nice one boost man, looks amazing so far, i'm really curious what this gunna turn out into :D

This.

I said to Chris when he got the car he was just the sort of person I wanted to take it; he has his own ideas and fresh interest in restoring it which is what it needed.

Small update, thank you amazon!

Before

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/11/a2d8b597b71ad8cd6b3ebbb6dcee2399.jpg

After

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/11/776b703a9c460345493271185834c100.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/11/d23450a9016fa638d55eff151afab70f.jpg

Does anyone want my old mats, all reasonable condition apart from the drivers which is a bit worn? Pm me before they go in the bin! [emoji12]

Bin them.... how much were the replacements? I nearly brought some OEM ones off Keron a couple of years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Another small update.

Thanks Jackyboi for the pods they should be refurbed and on by the weekend!

So the new plate is on and the pods are being refurbished in a gloss black.

I filled the hole with plastic repair putty and then sanded smooth!

Just placed on for a pic! [emoji14]

It actually seems weird (in a good way) seeing that smaller plate on there- by god it needed it too. When you've finished tidying it up, feel free to drop it off again and post the keys through the letterbox :D

Minus all the tidying up work how are you finding having a supra so far?

Hi mate any chance you could do me a favour? Was looking to get a sound clip of your exhaust as its the exact setup I was going to go for.

Pm me your email address and I'll send you a video tomorrow. It sounds really good apart from the decat whining noise I need to sort!

Pm me your email address and I'll send you a video tomorrow. It sounds really good apart from the decat whining noise I need to sort!

Is that the pshhh noise I was on about that used to bug me to death? I read somewhere before that someone on here heat wrapped the flexipipe to death and cured it. I've actually still got the heat wrap here- just never got round to doing it.

It actually seems weird (in a good way) seeing that smaller plate on there- by god it needed it too. When you've finished tidying it up, feel free to drop it off again and post the keys through the letterbox :D

Minus all the tidying up work how are you finding having a supra so far?

I know yeh, it so much neater!

Haha you wish! [emoji12] [emoji12]

Is that the pshhh noise I was on about that used to bug me to death? I read somewhere before that someone on here heat wrapped the flexipipe to death and cured it. I've actually still got the heat wrap here- just never got round to doing it.

Yeh I thought I'd get use to it but now it's annoying!

I'll try two nice tight jubilee clips round the flex first and if that doesn't work I'll heat wrap it.