The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chris' (Boostman) NA build Thread

boostman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two questions,

1) Is the window still not letting in air on the drivers door after I adjusted it

2) Have you chucked the Mines in yet to see if it was just a touch of damp/condensation in it?

No the window is fine although very slow to come up, sounds grumpy!

And no not tried the mines yet, did you disconnect the battery to fit it?

I think you've sorted most of the minor things now haven't you? The pods/numberplate (do the front one too) and wipers have made a hell of a difference along with the lacquer repair.

Have you found out how long the service interval is for a cambelt? The one you have on would of been put on no later than mid 2012

I think you've sorted most of the minor things now haven't you? The pods/numberplate (do the front one too) and wipers have made a hell of a difference along with the lacquer repair.

Have you found out how long the service interval is for a cambelt? The one you have on would of been put on no later than mid 2012

Yeh it's getting there!

Need to get a smaller jap front plate and I might have a go at painting the front lip and replacing the mesh with new stainless mesh! :)

Iv also decided Id like some oem or similar skirts and spats! :) I think they really finish the car off nicley! :)

No not found out yet I'd imagine 10 years or 60k miles at a guess but I'll find out!

Yeh it's getting there!

Need to get a smaller jap front plate and I might have a go at painting the front lip and replacing the mesh with new stainless mesh! :)

Iv also decided Id like some oem or similar skirts and spats! :) I think they really finish the car off nicley! :)

No not found out yet I'd imagine 10 years or 60k miles at a guess but I'll find out!

Would it really be as much as that? The crappy Seat I have atm needs one every 4 years.

I thought about getting oem skirts. They were the only thing I considered changing on their own. IMO if you swap the front bumper for any of the others you have to do the skirts too to stop them looking out of place.

Would it really be as much as that? The crappy Seat I have atm needs one every 4 years.

I thought about getting oem skirts. They were the only thing I considered changing on their own. IMO if you swap the front bumper for any of the others you have to do the skirts too to stop them looking out of place.

A quick Google says 5 years or 63000 miles!

I wouldn't change the front bumper I like it, just needs a lip! :)

A quick Google says 5 years or 63000 miles!

I wouldn't change the front bumper I like it, just needs a lip! :)

Get an active front spoiler if anything. IMO I think those lips always look too 'Stuck on' in certain colours.

Good news on the cambelt then, you've got 2 years or around 26k miles :D

No the window is fine although very slow to come up, sounds grumpy!

And no not tried the mines yet, did you disconnect the battery to fit it?

I have a Mines Ecu and it went bad. In rainy day it just shut the car down in highway. Car did start but it stopped almost instantly. Reason to this problem was a leaking capacitor. Local shop did change all of those six capacitors and now it works perfectly.

I have to say i love it, throttle response is so good, revs much more smoothly and there is so much more torque in middle than stock unit. :D

I have a Mines Ecu and it went bad. In rainy day it just shut the car down in highway. Car did start but it stopped almost instantly. Reason to this problem was a leaking capacitor. Local shop did change all of those six capacitors and now it works perfectly.

I have to say i love it, throttle response is so good, revs much more smoothly and there is so much more torque in middle than stock unit. :D

I did open it up to have a quick look and didn't see any problems, but I'll have another look for swollen caps before I put it in! Thanks for the tip! :)

Can't wait to see what it's like! [emoji1]

I did open it up to have a quick look and didn't see any problems, but I'll have another look for swollen caps before I put it in! Thanks for the tip! :)

Can't wait to see what it's like! [emoji1]

You probably cant see those faulty ones, so better change them all. It is cheap fix, it did cost 30 euros.

It just makes car much more easier to drive fast and that throttle response is so good and addictive... It's like driving GT86 with much more oooomph AND with better sound. :innocent:

That's a great bit of info LasseV :thumbs:

What did it do when it failed on you Graham? Would it not start or did it cut out while driving?

Also LasseV when caps fail or begin to fail the top begins to swell so if you can feel the top is not flat it's dead.

What did it do when it failed on you Graham? Would it not start or did it cut out while driving?

Also LasseV when caps fail or begin to fail the top begins to swell so if you can feel the top is not flat it's dead.

It started to run rough when driving and the car lost power. When it first happened it had a horrendous idle. I took it out and left it in my room a few months, randomly put it back in and it was fine for over a year. I still think it was getting condensation in it from the time of year and the weather at the time; similar to the door locking issue.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a busy day!

Not the best of starts, checked the caps in the mines ecu which look fine so I put it in and got a mile down the road and the car died, irratic rpm then cut out and wouldn't start! Good job I had the stock ecu with me haha

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/11/1148210067ef68d5e2eb7665e9416df0.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/11/dd08b462ce6178c4cb65239aad217636.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/11/cd95ba685e25e953a2d3aba99726e2fd.jpg

After getting home I washed, polished, waxed the car and fitted my new front plate from Jurgen.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/11/29bfe6d1ff3b69851a165694e10d4053.jpg

Then I started looking at the drivers window as it makes a very unhappy sound and turned out to be rubbing, so I threw copper slip at it and heyho!

Also thank you Graham for the free piece of wood I found inside the door! :)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/11/3838628f618ad4e47d2efc177705e24b.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/11/edcd066ad8b681d514e39c7e961ec382.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/11/921dd6e931262ea6dfcc4f2be2be33bf.jpg

And finally I glued the split on the front bumper, just needs sanding and painting!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/11/650137a92234f712998b109f3f072eae.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Was that wood in the bottom of the door lol? When the regulator died the other year I had to prop the window up with bits, and the garage must of lost one when it was swapped over.

What you described with the Mines was the same issue I had- when I fitted it the second time it just randomly worked for nearly a year. At the worst you tried it and it's only a 2minute job to swap them over. I did contact a few ecu places but where they try and just take the info onto a replacement ecu, it wont work as it's a locked ecu. Maybe a dry solder joint has gone somewhere but stick with it.

Oh yeah the front plate looks better too.

Minus these tidyup bits, has everything else been okay?

Yeh the wood was inside the door under the mechanism! Haha

And I'm loving the smaller plate on the front! :)

Yeh I'd like to get the mines running so when I have some spare time I'll change all the caps and have a real good check and if that doesn't work I'll contact an electrical repair company!

It's running great so far, it's booked in the garage on Monday to have the dizzy oring changed as it's dripping oil on the alternator and I'm getting them to give it a good once over whist it's there.

Oh I wrapped the decat flex aswell, semi success, the noise is quieter and only until 3k rpm instead of 5k so I'll tighten it more when I next have the intake pipe out!

And also I had a play with the stock sub!

It sounds surprisingly good! Need to get it installed, will put the amp under the passenger seat I think.

uploadfromtaptalk1432933332492.jpg