The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2015 Moto GP

Dnk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, Rossi lit the fuse for all this, extreme mind games? MM is an undoubted talent with the backing of a huge and partizan Spanish fanbase, and will go on to have a long career in Moto GP. Come next year this will all be forgotten.

Whilst Rossi has the fight and ability, at 37, will his body be up to it?

It's all a bit rubbish.

I would like to see Vale get a 10th title, and retire. It will be the best way to go. Maybe next year.

JL truly needs to stop talking. I may like the 'ghost' helmet design and riding ability but that's it.

MM needs to stop interfering.

Dorna/FIM need to get their act together.

VR needs to get faster in Quali. Too often he's chasing from behind and getting embroiled.

Whilst the racing was great this year the politics and temperament of these riders/teams/organisers needs some adjustment. Even in Moto3 WTF was ONO doing taking points off of Kent FFS. Why was Kent being so poorly managed/advised on strategy especially around qualifying. Beggers belief. But very happy to see him take the title at the end. I've high hopes for Sam Lowes next year on a Kalax (as the Aprilia MotoGP test rider). Kent's second bite of the Moto2 apple needs to be much bigger. Redding on the Ducati should be interesting, it's been a hard season for him and the VDS team that hasn't run a MotoGP bike before this year. I think Honda's 2016 bike will have a better front end so I think Cal will have a better time too. And Bradders will do well...enough, he made Pol look ordinary which has been marvellous :)

The Ono thing was crazy wasnt it? He had nothing to fight for other than track position, Kent had the championship, just back off.

I think Sam Lowes has had an excellent season in a ruthless class packed with talent, and to finish 4th overall in your first season on a GP class bike, class.

It was Sam's second year but the Speed-Up is still lacking - numbers and ability - so he was miles ahead of the other Speed-Up riders. The move to the better Kalax will provide him with equal machinery. Aprilia have invested in him for their MotoGP project (2017 he'll be in MotoGP) so he's going to have the right equipment to get the job done in '16.

IF MM was trying to protect JL then THEY could have let DP passed both of them and not worried. DP makes the overtake and then overshoots the corner, giving the place back to MM. Why was MM tailgating JL and adding pressure if he wanted to just cruise home in 2nd/3rd why not just hang with DP and then everyone could say, clearly the Yamaha was faster. Its' this behaviour that leaves a very mixed view of what was going on. It was not MM's usual battling style, totally agreed, but, 2nd is better than falling off and taking JL with him and handing the championship to VR. Imagine if that had happened, all the VR fans would be delighted and still spouting venomous bile at the other riders/fans. That's the only thing I'm really clear on from this, VR fans are horrendous in their bullying and nasty behaviour.

That's the only thing I'm really clear on from this, VR fans are horrendous in their bullying and nasty behaviour.

There lies the problem. They think Rossi is invincible which is not true. They cannot accept the fact that their God is on his way out and that he cannot compete with the young guns any more. This is evident when he climbed to 4th. there after he could not make any progress, in fact he started loosing time to the three. Tyres going off was a poor excuse. He was slow throughout the weekend.

Rossi WAS very good but those days are gone and he should gracefully pass the torch to the young riders

If MM had a good bike at the start of the season he would have wrapped up the championship long time ago.

There lies the problem. They think Rossi is invincible which is not true. They cannot accept the fact that their God is on his way out and that he cannot compete with the young guns any more. This is evident when he climbed to 4th. there after he could not make any progress, in fact he started loosing time to the three. Tyres going off was a poor excuse. He was slow throughout the weekend.

Rossi WAS very good but those days are gone and he should gracefully pass the torch to the young riders

If MM had a good bike at the start of the season he would have wrapped up the championship long time ago.

You remind me of a certain Martin Blundell, moaning about M Schumacher being too Old ; yet Mercedes is where it is today due to his role in the team

Rossi is not a young rider anymore but he is competitive and has proved it by coming second this year ; if he has the passion and drive to continue , I wish him the best of luck

Just because he is older than the other riders , does not mean he is obsolete

You remind me of a certain Martin Blundell, moaning about M Schumacher being too Old ; yet Mercedes is where it is today due to his role in the team

Rossi is not a young rider anymore but he is competitive and has proved it by coming second this year ; if he has the passion and drive to continue , I wish him the best of luck

Just because he is older than the other riders , does not mean he is obsolete

Totally - I hope he does it next year...it would be a wonderful story/ending.

Just watched it last night after taking a hiatus from social media so i could. I knew it wouldn't happen for Rossi but Marquez seemed like he could've passed Lorenzo a few times, not his style not to have a go. It did look like he was defending Lorenzo too since he dropped back and then caught him again after the Pedrosa attempt. The politics are painful, i hope they calm the fcuk down so next year will be better with Dani back on form pushing them from day 1. Best rider never to win a title :D.

Did you not listen to what Bridgestone said about the tyres, why do you think DP dropped off the front then came back

at them.

No way could Rossi do this hence he was never likely to catch the front 3

And i'm not a sole Rossi fan and happy if I just see good racing

• 4 months later...