The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2015 Moto GP

Dnk

Great year for the Brits in MotoGP land.

Cal on a competative machine and using it.

Sam Lowes winning, setting fastest laps and generally upsetting the Kalex train on his Speed-Up machine.

Danny Kent finally finding himself in Moto3 on a bike that suits him without the shackles of a "big name" team-mate.

Scott Redding will improve this year, but I think this will be Brad Smith's last year on a top bike. He's good but he's not making a difference.

WSBK and BSB are cooking too...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got round to watching the Mugello GP last night. What an epic scrap with the Ducati's and Honda's mid race! Iannone and Marquez have had some brilliant fights the last few races.

Shame to see Marquez come off in the end though after recovering to 3rd but glad Rossi got it in the end. Will just make things more interesting as Lorenzo's looking tip top and hard to beat right now.

Cal had a strange off as well? Shame.

Just need to catch up on IoM shenanigans now! :D

They lack power and seamless-shift gearboxes. This stunts acceleration. That equals getting mugged off the line. Once up and running the difference is lessened. They have a really good front and on that bike. The confidence of Mavrick and Aleix to throw it around was evident compared to say Redding who's RCV looked disinterested in turning.

Lorenzo was lucky, Marc nearly took him out. But he's deserved all 4 wins in a row.

Cal got run off the road on the first lap by Aleix. But to be frank with the way the RCV is, I'm amazed when any of them get home on it. So props to Dani for his race. And Redding, although slow and suffering arm pump, he at least bagged some points.

And again what a ride from Danny Kent in Moto 3, he's got tactical riding to add to his skills. He's a new man this season. And a strong 4th from Sam Lowes on the only Speed Up chassis in the top 14.

Yes to all that :D

Danny Kent has really matured. He's racing with his head.

Sam has finished 4th about 4 times in a row now. Brilliant consistant form. The Speed-Up has improved but its clear he's making the difference too. One wonders what he could do on a Kalax. Both him and Alex Lowes are on the wrong bike IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Assen, what a circuit, what a crowd. And Rossi, you can't say a word about the man that hasnt already been said. But is his age really that remarkable?

In the lower classes, Kent and Lowes again did really well. I tip Danny Kent for great things in the future, you heard it here first :D

• 1 month later...

Certainly getting interesting now!

I would still say Marquez is in the hunt, but really needs to get his arse in gear if he's going to challenge. Will probably need to win the majority of the races left as the Yamaha's are consistently finishing well. Hopefully he does start winning as it's the only thing that will stop Lorenzo taking off with it. Rossi can play 2nd and 3rds with him I reckon but if Lorenzo keeps getting off the line and into the distance like he's doing then it'll be over pretty soon.

Bit gutted Cal came off, not doing very well at staying on the bike this year :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I just don't understand it, why. Why risk your reputation and the championship over such a stupid stunt, unprofessional at best. Especially with only 1 round to go.

Be interesting to see what race direction decide.

It's alread been decided. I'm sure there will be appeals though

I'm starting to see more evidence on the web of MM being a bit childish and not getting on with his race. I don't know if VR spurned his advances or something but there's clearly something going on. Both masks are slipping and VR has gotten himself embroiled in a fight. MM is being very smart at winding VR up. VR is biting. No-one wins. I do hope that the last race is much cleaner. MM needs to do the job for his team not get embroiled in silliness. We've seen MM has a temper in Moto2.

As a fan this is ruining the spectacle. The Philip Island race I thought was epic, appears now to have been a hoax as the Repsol bike should have cleared off...

VR's move to run MM out wide was blatant, MM's are cuter, possibly both need to start on the naughty step. It will be a tainted title for whomever wins it.

I'd say it's pretty much game over and Lorenzo has won it. MM isn't going to challenge for the lead so that'll probably leave him to clear off at the front meaning VR can't do anything. All we can hope for is that Dani is up there on race day and even Ianone to try and shake things up a little. But I can't see that happening. Fat chance of Lorenzo DNF'ing.

VR won't get near the front. Hell, MM may even slow right up and join him at the back for some more childish behaviour!