The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Biologist's Supra Build

Biologist

• 2 months later...

Updateish

Small update; thanks Geo@RealStreet for hooking me up with weld wheels, took a while to receive them but he has kept me updated with my order. He's also answered some questions I've had for him, thank you Geo!!

Test fitment

Painted my rotor hats since they were rusting.

Thanks Sean@TitanMotorsports for sending me ARP wheel studs quickly.

Arp wheel studs and rotor installed

Bought SuperPro poly Diff bushings and mounts from FigsEngineering.

Tip for these bushings; when you order make sure you specify what diff year and what model car you have. Chris@Figs luckily emailed me asking specifics since he needed to machine the aluminum tube. Shipping took two days after my order. Very helpful guy.

For those who use the bushings and mounts it's very simple. Remove the old bushing out (pressed) then once you have a clean surface be sure to lube the outside of the bushing, the inside and the inside of the diff ears, can't be too sure lol I went pretty liberal about it used up the whole lube package on both bushings. Slide the NEW bushing in since it does NOT need to be pressed in. Lube up the solid aluminum tube provided, hammer the tube in (rubber mallet) and make sure the black part on the end of the tube is facing the ground

Lubed this guy up too.

Installed my GS400 diff with new mounts and bushings. Thanks Eric (MKIIIHater) for doing the TRD LSD job for me.

Now onto the wheels; I've needed tires bad since the new MT S/S Tire will not be released till July so ThatRacingChannel hooked me up with a pair of their tires for now. The 295's fit nicely

For now the car is dropped off to do some final work (crossing fingers) GSC S2 cams and hypertune install. Next update should be a great one... After that, Mr. Prebis will be behind the laptop working dat magic.

Tuan

Your car looks fantastic.

I had a peek at your build on Supraforums, attention to detail is truely awesome.

It must have taken you a very long time to document everything like you have, really look forward to looking through it more thoroughly in the future.

Carbon front lip is very nice indeed, keep up the excellent work. ;)

Nb. Great to see a big power auto too, makes a change to the norm.

Edited by Pudsey (see edit history)

Your car looks fantastic.

I had a peek at your build on Supraforums, attention to detail is truely awesome.

It must have taken you a very long time to document everything like you have, really look forward to looking through it more thoroughly in the future.

Carbon front lip is very nice indeed, keep up the excellent work. ;)

Nb. Great to see a big power auto too, makes a change to the norm.

Thanks, it's a lot of work, time, and a lot of money.... If I was rich this would be done within weeks Lolol.

What autobox will you be using and how much power do you plan on pushing through it?

ATF built auto with a 4000 stall... About 800HP hopefully. I didn't build the car to chase dyno numbers tho.

:drool: i follow this build on instagram, didnt relise you had the build on here too, looks amazing those rear drag wheels look epic

Thanks man. A lot of work...

Love the rear drag wheels they look awesome

I was nervous that the wheels wouldn't fit!!!

Wow, i love the red mang, are left hand drives supras expensive in usa?

They are pricey for the right one!

Updates coming soon... Harness is getting some work done and the good stuff as well....

I'm on the look out for a do luck rear tension set for targa top/aero.... If anyone knows anyone who has one I will buy it from them!! Thanks.

• 1 month later...

been a while since I've updated, but I'm hoping the get the car by the end of the month or in August.

I ordered the new S369 and it's pretty large. my intake pipe wouldn't clear the water neck so i bought a PHR Billet one. it's a very nice piece.

GSC S2's are in along with beehive springs/Retainers along with new GSC valve steam seals and shims. Thanks Art (Jostar) and Darek (turbobozzer) for doing this.

timing gear also welded. Thanks Elliott from SP.

Next: getting the fan shroud painted black, get the hypertune in, relocate the battery to rear hatch.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Been a while since i updated. I got the car tuned and made 633whp@29PSI. added new bbk up front and other misc things.

PHR Overflow tank and fuel pressure bracket coated.

used -4AN Line, figuring out how to route the lines before cutting.

new location, ran the "Feed" under the car.

coated bracket, and used Allen head bolts.

Now onto the StopTechs.

Box

Where the car sits most of it's life.

The Stoptechs are about the same size physically as the Z06's however the rotor's are smaller than the ISF's 355mm vs 360mm.

imageimage

Went into town, I removed the dust shield completely to install the bracket, used all new OEM caliper bolts and red loctite StopTech provided. Torque specs (80-85 ft/lbs)

Rotors and Calipers on.

Brake line on. I used my good ridge lines i had with the car.

fitment, Very close.

finished bleeding the brakes, installed the wheels back on.

newish bay