The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sorry another one. What's it worth?

tony tt

Really difficult to value, as it's a great looking car, but the mileage will count against it.

What is the spec of the turbo and manifold??

I'd say £9-10k realistically. Any more than that and you're into decent 6 speed money, almost VVTi 6 speed money.

It was a new kit from Whiffin. 60mm Borg Warner and Whiffin Zircotec coated manifold. It's done about 1500miles since the build. Pulls like a Train!

I don't think the mileage would put an enthusiast off. These cars are old now and I'd rather buy a well looked after one that's in good condition with high miles, than a low mileage neglected car that may have even been clocked.

I think £12k is a good price. There have been a few tt6 singles that have sold for around the £17k mark so £12k sounds spot.

12 is a fair assessment I'd say. I don't see the mileage as an issue we all know what these cars are capable of if kept maintained. This one is no different to most with the level of care it's had over the years. It's done average miles for its age and let's be honest it's no trailer queen these things are to be driven and enjoyed. I hope I don't need to sell but if I do someone is getting a lovely car. A little animal of a street car.

It was a new kit from Whiffin. 60mm Borg Warner and Whiffin Zircotec coated manifold. It's done about 1500miles since the build. Pulls like a Train!

Great spec turbo kit :cool:

You could offset peoples potential fears about the mileage by having a bleed down or compression test done on the engine. Given the high spec of the single conversion parts, and with a very good result from the engine test, I would maybe stick it on the market at £12,500, with a view to getting £10,500-£12k.

It is a lovely car, but any more than £12k is unrealistic IMO. It is still a high mileage auto, and the mileage has an effect on much more than just the engine - the suspension bushes, gearbox, diff, engine/trans mounts etc all suffer from use. And while they may be fine now, they are a higher risk of needing replacement than a lower mileage car.