The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why T's Fortune 03 Continuation build!!!

Why T

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like this, possibly the most interesting build on here at the moment!

thanks mate, that means alot :)

Kitted Supra's ..... you either love them or hate them lol

Welcome to the wide Ass club :D

and i love them, wide is not the word either, gonna get a wideload sticker for the back haha

• 2 weeks later...

So, not updated for a while as progression has been too slow really. This is due to work.

I have managed to swap over both rear hubs to the fortune. Just awaiting a Tool to help me tighten the nuts on the ball joints.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192521&stc=1&d=1412776671attachment.php?attachmentid=192522&stc=1&d=1412776671

Once i am able to tighten them then the start of the drive train can go in.

The rear brake lines are in. I am just awaiting on some braided brake lines to finish them off, Send off the calipers to get powder coated then the rear will be looking good. :D

I have been waiting on this engine stand for a while and it arrived yesterday. Big Thanks to Al Massey for it :thumbs: ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=192523&stc=1&d=1412777024

And today we finally got the engine out. And got it out like a BOSS

If your gonna do it, do it BIG

attachment.php?attachmentid=192530&stc=1&d=1412777889attachment.php?attachmentid=192531&stc=1&d=1412777889

On the way out :trampoline:

attachment.php?attachmentid=192532&stc=1&d=1412777889attachment.php?attachmentid=192533&stc=1&d=1412777889

Yay, at last i finally got the engine out. First one i have ever tried and it only took 30 mins. :yahoo::yahoo::clap::clap::nana::nana:

attachment.php?attachmentid=192534&stc=1&d=1412777889

I had to put it on the table as the guys who had the recce truck had to go so didn't have time to get it on the stand.

But its out and that's the most important. Yes it covered in oil but now is the time to take it apart and change all the gaskets and seals i can.

I can now strip the final parts out and get the pace one gear up to move things along.

And yes i am very proud of myself haha :)

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

Yeah, its definitely good to see something different :)

I've been following this build for years, it will be nice to see it finally back on the road :)

Thanks mate, i cannot wait either. Its one of a kind and the road presence is gonna be mega :)

I remember when I first took my engine out, it's quite a wierd thing to do if you've never done it before I was just stood there looking into my empty bay thinking what have I done!!

Now you need to get it off those tables and on to a stand :D

Thats exactly what i thought mate but it was a big step for me. really glad its out to.

I have the gearbox off and on the floor now but the bolts i have for my stand arnt threading properly to the engine so need new ones.

So got a lot done today that Im happy about.

All the brake lines are out of the old one and ready for powder coating.

Brake drum has been disconnected and new one fitted into the fortune with my new polished brake master cylinder.

Clutch master cylinder has been removed and is ready for polishing.

Found another hub that i need to change which Im rather annoyed about but oh well

Got the engine loom out completely as well. Sweet.

I am very close to having the old car completely stripped and then just gotta build the fortune.

I have noticed that the fortune has not got the black sound proofing behind the dash so not sure if i need the one from the old car or just carry on with the new silver stuff as per the pics??????

what to do what to do.

Any way here are some pics.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192717&stc=1&d=1413130375attachment.php?attachmentid=192718&stc=1&d=1413130375

attachment.php?attachmentid=192719&stc=1&d=1413130375

attachment.php?attachmentid=192720&stc=1&d=1413130375attachment.php?attachmentid=192721&stc=1&d=1413130375

attachment.php?attachmentid=192722&stc=1&d=1413130394

More updates soon :) :) :)

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

So i am loseing my workshop buy the time i go on xmas leave, about 16 dec. :(

Bit annoyed but i got it for nothing and lucky to be able to use it.

To that end i now have to do as much as i can to finish the fortune so its running and then over time do the niceties like powdercoating ans polishing.

I am also leaveing the army now and will be out next year so priorities at the moment have change.

But dont fret, the car will be road worthy as soon as i can without rushing it.

Really not happy but life goes on.

Quick update,

I have gotten all 4 hubs changed and almost all torqued. Well happy as it has slowed me down a fair bit.

Engine is stripped and i have started to clean it. There is so much gunk on it its crazy.

Going down to my local Toyota dealership in Germany to hopefully order some parts. They don't take long to arrive so fingers crossed.

Anyone know anywhere that makes glass for wing mirrors?

So busy weekend for me,

Got all the hubs on and torqued bar both rear lower arm no 2. So now the car can sit on the wheels if necessary. Rally happy that its done :)

Both doors are almost complete. Seals in place, Locks, Handles, window mecs in and the loom. All that is left is the window sill and the windows in. Well happy. Now the door sounds like a door when it closes. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=193318&stc=1&d=1414352473

So after i had done that i looked into doing the rear wiring loom :blink: What a mission. Took the rest of the dash off, the bar that the steering column bolts too and took out the old loom.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193321&stc=1&d=1414352538attachment.php?attachmentid=193317&stc=1&d=1414352473

Sweet, Now i had to take out the loom from my old car. :sos: This one was a little more difficult as it was properly in rather than bodged like in the fortune.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193319&stc=1&d=1414352473

Loom out and now time to sort out the mess. I decided to disconnect the Clifford alarm. Hope i have done it right. Just need to remember to get a new one once the car is finished.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193320&stc=1&d=1414352473

So i got that sorted nicely and im happy with it so went to test fit it as i need to sound proof the car properly as this was not finished off. ;)

However the bloody roll cage has been put right in the way of where the driver side fuse box assembly goes. :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=193322&stc=1&d=1414352538

Great. I managed to get it to fit however i have had to put the relays the sit on the top of the fuse box assembly above the roll cage, just got to make sure its secure when driving around.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193323&stc=1&d=1414352538

Hopefully that will work.

I have on order all the aerotop seals just need to get some parts for the door.

Have also bought lots of sound deadening, window sealant and tiger seal. New wheel nuts then once the car is sound proofed i can refit the interior :)

Coming along nicely. Better than i thought.

Thanks for reading :cool:

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0827.JPG

IMG_0834.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

Edited by Why T (see edit history)

Doing well mate, loving the thread

Really gutted I couldn't be there to help out, this will be amazing when it's done

Thanks mate, Yea would have been well good if you could help mate. offer is always there haha

Looks like a whole lot of work, well done for getting it sorted. Will be an epic car when it's finished!

Thanks Kaan, Not gonna be nearly as good as your dude. 1000s OMG

Past two days been doing the rear quarter windows. They needed a bit of a clean up so took off the old tints, left some nice glue one it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193621&stc=1&d=1414959026

Got hold of some glue remover and some new tint film and while they was out tinted them. Im happy with the results.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193622&stc=1&d=1414959026attachment.php?attachmentid=193623&stc=1&d=1414959026

So today I fitted the rear quarters using window sealant and I hope I have put enough on and it cures nicely. Fingers crossed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193624&stc=1&d=1414959026attachment.php?attachmentid=193625&stc=1&d=1414959026

Today I also sound proofed the fire wall to the engine. Took ages. Also did the doors as much as I could as I hate door rattle when I'm listening to my music. :music:

attachment.php?attachmentid=193626&stc=1&d=1414959644

After i did all that i started to fit the rear loom with the new speaker wires attached and fitted the clutch and brake pedals.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193627&stc=1&d=1414959644

Got some wheel nuts off Pudsey (thanks dude) and fitted them today to see what they look like. What do you guys think? Put a silver one in there to have a comparison. The new ones are Neo Chrome. Which ones?

attachment.php?attachmentid=193629&stc=1&d=1414959644

I'm liking the new ones however there isn't a locking nut and i don't want a odd one. However these rims are not cheep. Decisions????

I also found a local place to me that does some custom paint work so thought i would give it a go.

Got my cam covers done. I'm happy with them but still need some powder coating done.

Did them in the same green as the interior to be different.

Opinions?

attachment.php?attachmentid=193628&stc=1&d=1414959644

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG