The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why T's Fortune 03 Continuation build!!!

Why T

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice project mate, not sure id have broken a genuine car (bar the rust i can see) but im getting old lol. Is your missus alright? In the first pictures shes moving around and then it looks like her head is in a bag on top of the Supra ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=191419&stc=1&d=1410809132

Haha yea she was getting on my nerves so I sorted her out haha.

It's not rust at all, it's dirty water when my radiator exploded. A lot of people say I'm nuts but it's something I have always wanted to do.

So a lot has been done over the past few days, got the diff out, drive shaft. brake pump cylinder is out. just waiting on a engine stand then the engine is coming out.

In the mean time i can start on the fortune, arrived on Saturday and again had problems with the transport company, little to say i will not be using them again.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191677&stc=1&d=1411410474

attachment.php?attachmentid=191678&stc=1&d=1411410653

So got it into the garage, cleaned it all out, had a glance at what is there, found two of these beauts.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191679&stc=1&d=1411410796

I just need to decide if they are gonna be front and rear or on the wings?????

Took all the body work off today and the build of this kit is flawless, strong, clean and really sleek. so happy with it, looks even more amaze balls in the flesh. cannot wait to get this car on the road.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191680&stc=1&d=1411410935

attachment.php?attachmentid=191681&stc=1&d=1411411090

attachment.php?attachmentid=191682&stc=1&d=1411411154

attachment.php?attachmentid=191683&stc=1&d=1411411221

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

Really wouldn't be my choice on kit this however I can appreciate the workmanship of it, and its looks very well built.

Loveing the updates too as its nice to follow something a little different.

One thing though, although those wheels are gorgeous think it would benefit from some spacers on the rear, although they are wide they look a little lost.

Keep up the good work :thumbs:

Really wouldn't be my choice on kit this however I can appreciate the workmanship of it, and its looks very well built.

Loveing the updates too as its nice to follow something a little different.

One thing though, although those wheels are gorgeous think it would benefit from some spacers on the rear, although they are wide they look a little lost.

Keep up the good work :thumbs:

Yea i am planning on the spacers but it is raised fully to get on the trailer and lee told me that once everything is in the car it should fit right. but you are right it does need them.

It is very well built, the quality is amazing

Consider it as a compliment ;)

It breaks the Supra lines heavily, but I do like it. I have seen it in flesh once at Lee's... a very impressive appearance. :)

Yea im the same, i love the look of the rear of a supra however i have always like different and always wanted a car that no one else has that looks the same.

Nice to see you finally got her home buddy, looking forward to the updates :thumbs:

thanks mate, was so excited when it was here :)

always had a soft spot for the fortune kit. looks good. best of luck with the build

Thanks mate. gonna be long but in the end will be worth it

so today i found out that the rear hubs of the fortune are no good, the near side is missing two studs for the wheel nuts and the off side wheel bearings have gone, so going to have to swap over both rear hubs with disks. Tighten everything and then i can start on the fueling and break lines to the rear before putting the diff, drive shaft and drive arms.

getting there slowly but surly.

only doing an hour or so work a night so its slow.