The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£745 insurance renewal quote from Sky

Big Mark

Came home from a long weekend away to an insurance renewal letter from Sky for £745. Definitely will be shopping around, lots.

38 years old

6 years no claims

10k mile per year

Living in Rugby

95 BPU Auto, Lexus wheels, trial rear, OEM skirts.

Price definitely seems a bit steep to me.

Oh and the letter said that I don't have to do anything as it automatically renews, I so don't think so.

Anyone got any recommendations on who they use? I'm thinking Flux Direct will be my first port of call as heard good things.

yay the pointless game!

your all different. with different cars. different areas, different driving histories and different ages. And probably even different policies.

compparing prices is completely pointless. Sky are usualy best for me. i have 2 cars with them. they were 150 quid cheeper than adrian flux.

yay the pointless game!

your all different. with different cars. different areas, different driving histories and different ages. And probably even different policies.

compparing prices is completely pointless. Sky are usualy best for me. i have 2 cars with them. they were 150 quid cheeper than adrian flux.

Well said. Although sort out your spelling. :p

Do CCI still insure Supras? I heard a whispering they may have stopped doing it, but if that's not the case they were FAR cheaper than anyone else for me last year (December) on a like-for-like policy. :)

My black car has been with CCI for a couple of years now...not long renewed.:)

All sorted. Got a quote for £500.30 using Quidco comparison, Got Flux Direct to ring me for a quote but after being on hold for 10 mins they cut me off. I then rang Sky to tell them not to auto renew as they price was too high, they then quoted me around £475. A bit annoyed that they blatantly sent me a rip off renewal quote expecting me to just accept it, especially when they then quote me a price a 36% cheaper than their initial quote.

Same thing here, price shoots up, you tell them the offers you've has and suddenly they can drop the price just under the quote you have received. I spent a long time shopping around so for the sake of £20 I didn't go with Sky. £500 seems about right (depending on post code) 6 years NCB and 10k PA mileage.

Came home from a long weekend away to an insurance renewal letter from Sky for £745. Definitely will be shopping around, lots.

38 years old

6 years no claims

10k mile per year

Living in Rugby

95 BPU Auto, Lexus wheels, trial rear, OEM skirts.

Price definitely seems a bit steep to me.

Oh and the letter said that I don't have to do anything as it automatically renews, I so don't think so.

certainly shop around - not only did I find them to be expensive, found their service to be a joke too.

For the last 3 years of ownership I switched to A-plan.

imi

I have to admit I have not bothered shopping around my insurance Graham Sykes have been good every year, that's why I have stayed because they treat me good on renewal unlike other greedy companies who bump renewal!