The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking forward to Fury, glad it's exceeding expectations :)

Lucy was rubbish, not even the hotness of Scarlett or the coolness of Freeman could save it. I lasted to the end though, barely.

I wanted to see Lucy, it looks so promising.

If my dad and I (who have heard every war story from my grandad, and experienced wars in tanks) say it's the best film and very accurate you can be sure it's good.

I can't stop buzzing about it :)

I wanted to see Lucy, it looks so promising.

If my dad and I (who have heard every war story from my grandad, and experienced wars in tanks) say it's the best film and very accurate you can be sure it's good.

I can't stop buzzing about it :)

Really want to see it.

But for tonight, interstellarrrrrrr!

There are some blinding new additions to Netflix US for any subscribers, some really fantastic movies which is great to see. Shame the UK catalogue is nowhere near as good.

Tonight's viewing is Infernal Affairs. I've been meaning to watch it for a while so tonight's the night.

There are some blinding new additions to Netflix US for any subscribers, some really fantastic movies which is great to see. Shame the UK catalogue is nowhere near as good.

Tonight's viewing is Infernal Affairs. I've been meaning to watch it for a while so tonight's the night.

This winds me up so much, we pay for that subscription but don't receive half of what the yanks do.

It's crazy

It's crazy

Ours should be reduced for that fact alone

It's a bit of a tricky situation though. In America they obviously have far more of a budget purely down to the numbers.

I can't complain though, it's easy enough to access any region you wish. I have my TV setup for America and my Tivo box set for the UK. I've looked at other regions but between those 2 most things are covered.

BTW, House just arrived on the UK Netflix. If you haven't seen it then I would highly recommend it.

I'm seeing interstellar Saturday. I'm hoping it's as good as Inception. When I first saw that I was just 'wow' 'wow' 'wow'

You will not be disappointed mate.

It's not perfect, but easily 9.5/10 from me.

Inception was previously potentially my all time favourite film and this is also definitely right up there.

The first time I've seen a film in the cinema and sat there whilst the credits rolled just awestruck.

You will not be disappointed mate.

It's not perfect, but easily 9.5/10 from me.

Inception was previously potentially my all time favourite film and this is also definitely right up there.

The first time I've seen a film in the cinema and sat there whilst the credits rolled just awestruck.

That's exactly what I was like. Honestly I still had that expression of wow even as I walked out of the cinema to my car. If you like sci fi, thrillers, decent story. You'll love it. It puts gravity to shame IMO and I thought that was a good film.

Interesting little movie called Time Lapse has come on sky today, looks like an interesting time paradox type movie, half decent ratings here and there so I'll give it a go.

Also managed to see The Getaway with Ethan Hawke and Selena Gomez and a beasty mustang, poor film though. Don't think he's ever been as good as he was in Gattaca.

• 2 weeks later...
Never watched any of the Jurassic films, so quite possibly this will be also on the 'never watch' list.

They're actually not half bad. Once you get past all the hype of the effects etc, the original is a decent flick. Jeff Goldblum makes the films for me, but he can be a bit marmite.

Never watched any of the Jurassic films, so quite possibly this will be also on the 'never watch' list.

Never watched Jurassic park?!?! Wow that's a sentence think I've watched them more times than I've had birthdays seeing as they're on all the bloody time lol good films!

Off to see hunger games this week :)

The Hundred Foot Journey is superb - a real gem. Blokes - suggest to your lady you watch it together and earn brownie points.

Nothing But The Truth also a great film - good ending that you only see coming 30 seconds beforehand.

Lucy fell short for me - great premise but, like a lazy postman, just didn't deliver.