The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been away, so not seen much, but managed to see Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows and Wild Bill.

Firstly Sherlock - was fairly good. I don't know whether it was the small tv, or the fact I was away from home, but this just didn't grab me in the same way the first one did. I enjoyed it, but that's about as much as I can say really.

Wild Bill was a completely different monster. I had no expectations, so was hugely impressed. It didn't have the ending I expected (maybe that's a good thing?), but it was gritty, real and very touching. The acting was top class all round and the score just right. It's Dexter Fletcher's directorial debut, and I think he did a great job.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - part1

I found this to be a good film I gave this 4 out of 5 for content/action but I was left thinking I needed more. The ending for me was a very kool twist and I was reileved when it ended as I really needed to take a leak. All in all I thought this was a good film and worth seeing.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - part1

I found this to be a good film I gave this 4 out of 5 for content/action but I was left thinking I needed more. The ending for me was a very kool twist and I was reileved when it ended as I really needed to take a leak. All in all I thought this was a good film and worth seeing.

Watched this tonight too and tbh I was disappointed. Worst one in the series so far easily. Probably a 6/10 maybe 7/10 at a push. Some good bits but really was cheesy and didn't progress the story much at all. Its worth a watch but if you liked the first too then be prepared.

Watched this tonight too and tbh I was disappointed. Worst one in the series so far easily. Probably a 6/10 maybe 7/10 at a push. Some good bits but really was cheesy and didn't progress the story much at all. Its worth a watch but if you liked the first too then be prepared.

I would give the best one a very grudged 6/10 so I don't think I'm going to like it :D

Hey fellas

I watched"predestination" last night and I cant stop thinking about it! Wasn't expecting it to be any good tbh but what a surprise!! Highly recommended!!

Also watched interstellar a few weeks ago and it was very good! Not better than space odyssey unfortunately but very good. Tbh I had very high expectations for this one so was a bit let down SPOILER ALERT with the absence of extra-terrestrials, but I guess thats also part of the charm.

Lots of good sci-fi lately! Keep it up Hollywood!

I watched"predestination" last night and I cant stop thinking about it! Wasn't expecting it to be any good tbh but what a surprise!! Highly recommended!!

Did you not find it predictable and flawed in so many ways, was kinda interesting though :search:

You'll love interstellar I think.

Not caught predestination yet but I will prejudge and say as I've said before that Hawke hasn't made a stellar film since Gattaca.

I watched xmen days of future past tonight, really enjoyed it. Brilliant performances all-round and very entertaining, although it tied everything together at the end a little too comfortably for me.

Transformers and rise of the planet of the apes tomorrow, and the purge 2 if I can squeeze it in.

You'll love interstellar I think.

Not caught predestination yet but I will prejudge and say as I've said before that Hawke hasn't made a stellar film since Gattaca.

I watched xmen days of future past tonight, really enjoyed it. Brilliant performances all-round and very entertaining, although it tied everything together at the end a little too comfortably for me.

Transformers and rise of the planet of the apes tomorrow, and the purge 2 if I can squeeze it in.

You're probably right, 1 + review and one mediocre one make me want to at least give it a look though.

I was so disappointed with Xmen. The writing is so lazy. I'm noticing it more and more nowadays, especially with the franchises.

Transformers.... meh, it's a transformers flick though so always a winner. Rise of the planet of the apes I've held off on so far. I thoroughly enjoyed the first though.

Yeah I would agree it did seem to coast along at points, I didn't enjoy it as much as the recent wolverine film.

I'm not going to say I agree or disagree, as I would say that the recent wolverine film was better..... I've only watched it once though (wolverine) so I'll need to give it a second view and see if my opinion changed on how bad I thought it was.

Am I maybe expecting too much from the Wolverine films though? Given how good the original was? The trouble, for me, with the latest XMen movie, is that it was another Wolverine film..... effectively..... and a bad one.

Watched "Jack Reacher" the other day.

It's about a homicide investigator that digs deeper into a case involving a trained military sniper who shot five random victims.

A very well thought out film that kept me hooked from start to finish with a few humorous moments thrown in.

4/5

Did you not find it predictable and flawed in so many ways, was kinda interesting though :search:

Not sure which flaws you are talking about, was predictable after the middle of the film for me but again wasn't quite sure until everything was revealed. Found it very original. I think its my favourite film about time travel. This and "time machine"

Finally managed to watch guardians of the galaxy earlier today, really enjoyed it.

Felt a little bit impersonal though when compared to the other marvel films of late, still very enjoyable though.

Watched that too. Quite entertaining! Great visual effects, but this was the definition of predictable! :)

Watched predestination last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is fairly predictable once you hit around the half way mark, as mentioned, but I don't think it was meant to be a jaw dropping reveal. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who enjoys the genre. I thought Ethan Hawke was on point too, played the part really well.

The one negative that I would say is that I thought the ending was rushed.

***SPOILERS****

We're just meant to assume that he doesn't break the chain and continues on his path gradually becoming more and more insane. If he believed strongly enough to shoot at the end, then surely his belief is strong enough to go back and have his device dealt with so that there is no chance of changing his mind? Or maybe it was deliberately left to our interpretation, it didn't feel very neat though.

Just watched transformers age of extinction. Very disappointing. The main actors did well but the plot felt a mess. Time to leave that franchise alone maybe.

I reviewed it in this thread a while back. The plot was horrendous, there was absolutely no continuity. Check it out and see if it's the same as what you noticed.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?307631-Mini-Movie-Review&p=3912414&viewfull=1#post3912414

Yep pretty much totally agree.

Apparently they had 3 screen writers on it and it seems they were all pulling in different directions.

They should all be sacked then. It would appear that the direction they were pulling in was to the pub. Big productions always fall foul of that sort of thing though. It's independent cooky writers who come up with the best ideas.

***SPOILERS****

We're just meant to assume that he doesn't break the chain and continues on his path gradually becoming more and more insane. If he believed strongly enough to shoot at the end, then surely his belief is strong enough to go back and have his device dealt with so that there is no chance of changing his mind? Or maybe it was deliberately left to our interpretation, it didn't feel very neat though.

MORE SPOILERS

My understanding is that by shooting he didn't break the chain, like his grown up self told him. He must have done the same.

Quite cool.