The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM Infinity ECU Review

Gpro

A Syvecs may save your engine but I'd rather rebuild an engine than have the ecu turn my engine off at the worse possible moment on the road, it is designed purely to keep your engine safe, not you.

I was referring more the TC should have been clearer

EMU is similar in spec to the above but only has 6 sequential possibility (but does support direct coil) only has 1 can interface and 1 serial, 2 egt, 2 knock, wide band LSU 4.2 built in, e85 fuel blend interface, Blue Tooth, single vvti, DBW, traction control (no ABS required), nice logging interface, built in dyno mode (which is remarkably accurate) and a whole load of other stuff.

It's not as fast or as fancy as the above but it does what it says on the tin. The main USP of the EMU is the price.

If I wasn't an ECU Master Dealer I'd have fitted an S6 to my car as I hate AEM on a cellular level.

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

EMU is similar in spec to the above but only has 6 sequential possibility (but does support direct coil) only has 1 can interface and 1 serial, 2 egt, 2 knock, wide band LSU 4.2 built in, e85 fuel blend interface, Blue Tooth, single vvti, DBW, traction control (no ABS required), nice logging interface, built in dyno mode (which is remarkably accurate) and a whole load of other stuff.

It's not as fast or as fancy as the above but it does what it says on the tin. The main USP of the EMU is the price.

Lyndon.

I believe we was talking about the Emanage Ultimate piggyback ECU.

I was referring more the TC should have been clearer

If you require TC on a BPU then i don't think a supra is for you

Edited by Gpro (see edit history)

Some more reviews and info about the infinity. Hope Gpro wouldn't mind.

I haven't read everything yet, but I pretty sure more people would be interested in this ecu.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?762346-Aem-infinity-ecu-users

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?653517-Aem-V2-Infinity-10-or-Pro-EFI

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?761666-Infinity-6-8h-(P-N-30-7106)-VS-AEM-Infinity-8-(P-N-30-7101)&highlight=aem+infinity

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?702375-AEM-Infinity-user-reviews

I believe we was talking about the Emanage Ultimate piggyback ECU.

Some people prefer to go fast not sideways :) I prefer to drive without the TC but it is very easy to get it to go sideways even on a stock car. So you see no benefit on a bpu car at all ? I would imagine it would be useful in wet weather and on a track. It can get pretty slippy if someone nudges you off the racing line, there are different levels which allow different amounts of slip. I'm not saying you should drive with it in granny mode ;)

Some more reviews and info about the infinity. Hope Gpro wouldn't mind.

I haven't read everything yet, but I pretty sure more people would be interested in this ecu.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?762346-Aem-infinity-ecu-users

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?653517-Aem-V2-Infinity-10-or-Pro-EFI

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?761666-Infinity-6-8h-(P-N-30-7106)-VS-AEM-Infinity-8-(P-N-30-7101)&highlight=aem+infinity

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?702375-AEM-Infinity-user-reviews

Not an issue, end of the day we use forums to research and learn more about our cars and parts.

Some people prefer to go fast not sideways :) I prefer to drive without the TC but it is very easy to get it to go sideways even on a stock car. So you see no benefit on a bpu car at all ? I would imagine it would be useful in wet weather and on a track. It can get pretty slippy if someone nudges you off the racing line, there are different levels which allow different amounts of slip. I'm not saying you should drive with it in granny mode ;)

Except from in the wet i personally never had issues with traction in both my BPU supras auto and manual.

I guess i agree with using it in the wet but not in the dry, it defeats the object of fun :) but if you are running 600hp+ then yeah TC would definitely help!

Except from in the wet i personally never had issues with traction in both my BPU supras auto and manual.

I guess i agree with using it in the wet but not in the dry, it defeats the object of fun :) but if you are running 600hp+ then yeah TC would definitely help!

I'm not slating this ECU as it appears to be very good but different people have different views of fun. Going faster round a corner as opposed to going sideways to some is more fun, me personally I prefer sideways even though i'm not very good at it :D

I'm not slating this ECU as it appears to be very good but different people have different views of fun. Going faster round a corner as opposed to going sideways to some is more fun, me personally I prefer sideways even though i'm not very good at it :D

I respect your honesty

Ditto! :p

+2

but remember this is not AEM as such its another smaller company made the ecu and AEM are making and selling it to the best of my knowledge.

everyone on here was banging on how good a fic was for a hybrid a few years back, so i would give it a couple of years then see what people are saying

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Only just seen this...certainly stirred up some comments...my 3 peneth, the Infinity sounds good but on a similar level to quite a few stand alone, as for running down Greddy EMU and similar, i also was running the EMU very successfully with a big single, also self tuned and was making 550BHP with no problem, so as previously suggested you certainly don't need a stand alone to achieve a good level of tune, i would also say that IMO its actually more difficult to get a piggyback to run correctly in tandem with the std ECU than tuning a stand alone.

Get you Mr Pro Driver.

Maybe as a toy car you're 100% focused in every time you go out, but for my daily driver in all weather conditions I regard my Racelogic as an extra insurance policy should conditions be a bit more slippy than I expect on roads I do not know.

Oh....and a decent ECU on a BPU car can produce very favourable and reliable results.

Only just seen this...certainly stirred up some comments...my 3 peneth, the Infinity sounds good but on a similar level to quite a few stand alone, as for running down Greddy EMU and similar, i also was running the EMU very successfully with a big single, also self tuned and was making 550BHP with no problem, so as previously suggested you certainly don't need a stand alone to achieve a good level of tune, i would also say that IMO its actually more difficult to get a piggyback to run correctly in tandem with the std ECU than tuning a stand alone.

:thumbs:

Calling an ECU "useless" when it's been proven to work perfectly well for high power applications says more about the capabilities of the end user than the unit itself.

Ugh I just had the mispleasure of re-reading this.

personally i can't see another ecu being better then the infinity (Price and performance) at the moment but that is my personal opinion everyone is entitled to there own.

The article is just plain facts nothing more nothing less.

:blink:

And comparing an EMU to a standalone is a bit stupid

So yes the EMU is useless when compared to a full standalone ecu

:blink: :blink: Seriously dude, that's in the same sentence.

Yes i agree hence why i stated don't attempt this unless you know what you are doing :)

Strongly agreed with, shame that hasn't been followed.

Also looks like this article really got to some people

Only due to issues with the veracity of the content...

i only wrote this article as there is hardly any information online on the aem infinity

Well luckily there is some more sales literature now.

• 10 months later...
Guest Aleo24

Sorry to bump an old thread but im looking into the AEM infinity.

Hi just curious with regards to the O2 correction.

Can you post up a screenshot of the Fuel correction against the Lambda target and actual lambda. Im curious as to how much correction it needed.

Hi just curious with regards to the O2 correction.

Can you post up a screenshot of the Fuel correction against the Lambda target and actual lambda. Im curious as to how much correction it needed.

As with any modern ECU, the amount of correction would depend on how good the main map is, the closer you get it before enabling feedback the less the ECU has to do to trim it ;)

Guest Aleo24

I'm aware of how it works. I'm curious as to how much his setup needed as he was running from a basemap and would like to see a log to satisfy my curiosity.