The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Almost delivery mileage Supra in Japan...

j_jza80

Never knew some Supra's has Recaro's as an option. And with leather rear seats? Strange.

The recaros were standard on the late facelift RZ's.

How do you do that sorry for me lack of know how

If you use Google Chrome browser, it automatically prompts you to translate the page. :)

Never knew some Supra's has Recaro's as an option. And with leather rear seats? Strange.

Aren't the rear seats vinyl or something like that and not leather

The Jspecs had vinyl rear seats, but UKs came with leather rear seats. Upgrade! lol :)

The Jspecs had vinyl rear seats, but UKs came with leather rear seats. Upgrade! lol :)

The Uks also had leather door handles/pockets. :)

Not all J-specs have vinyl rear seats, later facelifts had cloth, though I assume all Recaro spec'd cars all had vinyl.

Yes i new the UK's were leather, i was lead to believe years ago that the Japanese didn't like

the smell of leather hence the vinyl rear seats

Yes i new the UK's were leather, i was lead to believe years ago that the Japanese didn't like

That's an odd reason not to fit them! I love getting in my car when the sun has been shining on it, as it still smells of leather and to me, a new car, even though she's twenty years old :D

I think you'll find that leather was added to Supras to make them appealing in the European (inc UK) market, as vinyl seats wouldn't have been popular is what was a reasonably luxurious and expensive GT at the time. Just look at how many E36 M3s have a cloth interior, even though leather was an expensive cost option.