The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom bonnet vent

Mk4Gaz

Not being picky and admiring the effort you have put into this, but wouldn't it have been better behind the drivers side headlight?

At least it would do something other than get your engine dirty?

A victory for form over function.

Mr Do-Luck didn't care...

Not being picky and admiring the effort you have put into this, but wouldn't it have been better behind the drivers side headlight?

I guess for functional purposes, yes - but it would've looked lop sided. I just fancied doing something more for aesthetics, and a bit different. I don't like huge bonnet vents, and louvres every where, I just wanted something subtle. I like the Do luck bonnet, but finding one is difficult - and I've heard horror stories about how bad the fit is if you actually get one.

Each to their own I guess

Guest MINTER

but is the UK/Euro spec bonnet scoop not were it is on the front and centre of the bonnet to cool cylinders at they tend to heat up,surely this will be similar in a way and may actually have function over form?

Well, it's now painted, so I'll hopefully fit it tomorrow afternoon - I'm going to let it bake in the sun for a couple of days.

The paint hasn't come out the best, it's going to need a good flat and polish, the amount of bits that's landed in it is annoying :(

I filled the bottom of the scoop, but I think I would've preferred it as it was before

but is the UK/Euro spec bonnet scoop not were it is on the front and centre of the bonnet to cool cylinders at they tend to heat up,surely this will be similar in a way and may actually have function over form?

Nope the uk spec engine had a funnel that goes from the scoop to the turbos/manifold.... There's no funnel on a jspec engine therefore it is form over function.

Not that I really care because it looks brilliant!!! Honestly now you got rid of the handle on the chisel ;) it looks amazing :D

Thanks for the good comments guys :D

It's on, but still needs a good wet sand and polish, which I'll do in a couple of weeks when it's fully hardened. There's a couple of imperfections I missed during the prep, kicking myself now for rushing it. I'm like an impatient child when I get new bits!

Yes, but it is also ducted underneath and directed onto the 2nd turbo and to help cool the rear of the engine.

So really, no it won't be similar in any way really.

It looks good, and I like it.

As for having it over the drivers headlight, I actually had that same idea, and almost went for it, using the same universal vent Gaz used. However, after offering it up, came to the same conclusion as GAz did. It would look absolutely tonk.