Dyno Day, Evotune, Durham City 12th July

safcdixon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not going if I can't get my boost issue sorted as I really wanted to run, so your off the hook :) I might still come in the diesel but not run but take some videos

Inbox me what happening with the car. Odds are I will be able to fix it on the day if you come over.

Inbox me what happening with the car. Odds are I will be able to fix it on the day if you come over.

Ok mate, im going to put the car back together tomorrow and go for a drive in the evening.

The symptoms are when I was driving on the motorway and I "kicked down" it wouldn't boost but the car would "kick down", it was intermittent as other occasions on the same journey it did kickdown and i got boost. I know I have a broken clip on a plug that goes into the top VSV (the one you swap the pipes on when doing TTC). Ive just secured this but not had the chance to drive my car. My turbos are rebuilt CR turbos with steel internals with 3k miles on it.

I'm leaving Liverpool about 7ish, so I might see you on the way. Grey GTR :D

if I am in my supra you wont be able to catch up mate :p

Ok mate, im going to put the car back together tomorrow and go for a drive in the evening.

The symptoms are when I was driving on the motorway and I "kicked down" it wouldn't boost but the car would "kick down", it was intermittent as other occasions on the same journey it did kickdown and i got boost. I know I have a broken clip on a plug that goes into the top VSV (the one you swap the pipes on when doing TTC). Ive just secured this but not had the chance to drive my car. My turbos are rebuilt CR turbos with steel internals with 3k miles on it.

if I am in my supra you wont be able to catch up mate :p

It's either the clip you mentioned (I have a spare), the VSV (think I have a spare), or a split in a vac line. Sounds like a simple fix really.

The same VSV failed not so long ago and I replaced it again with a 2nd hand. Does anyone know how much these things cost new?

Ill take the car for a blast tonight once ive fitted all the lights back in, if I do turn up tomorrow then please excuse the unpainted bumper and damaged wing and general crappy condition of my car. Its booked in for a respray soon.

The same VSV failed not so long ago and I replaced it again with a 2nd hand. Does anyone know how much these things cost new?

Ill take the car for a blast tonight once ive fitted all the lights back in, if I do turn up tomorrow then please excuse the unpainted bumper and damaged wing and general crappy condition of my car. Its booked in for a respray soon.

Dont worry bout the condition mate, I expected mine to turn up on shed of the day for the last year or so :D

I might have a few vsv's if you want me to bring one along to try?

Dyno starts at 9am gentlemen, arnison centre at pity me could be a good spot to meet before hand, say 8:30 at maccy d's leave there at say 8:40 ish gives us a 5min ride into Durham and time left over to get parked up at evotune as some of you know the space is limited

Is anyone up for the above? Got no confirmation from anyone on that plan ;)

Sorry guys, couldn't make it, after a few birthday sherbets last night, I only woke up at 2 o'clock today! Too late and feel quite dizzy!

If it's cost anyone anymore money by a no show, I'll pay up no bother.

Hope everyone got good results :-)