Dyno Day, Evotune, Durham City 12th July

safcdixon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd love to still come to this, but :- Questions...

Currently I suspect my turbos oil seals to be weak and puffing smokey oil, annnnd my new BPU and boost controlling EVC is hitting 1.2 very very easy...

If I was to dyno it I suspect that means putting your peddle deep into the carpet in each gear, Is there a chance a knacking summing more (serious damage) before I take the plunge and repair/replace turbos???

Kitch come along and have a chat with Jamie at evotune before it goes on the rollers he knows his stuff he'll not put it on if he thinks its unsafe or could be damaging to your car

Will do. I might even bring some birthday cake, or just a hangover as it's my birthday on 11th... Which sadly is also insurance and tax week lol.

Had this in the thread I created. No smoke on start up. And was told once running valve stems would rarely continue to smoke. Few said vs more said Ts inc Jurgen. But I'll see what evo tune say.

Valve stems resealable themselves when they get hot unless there totally mushed. Turbo seals will mostly leak oil when you let off the throttle after a boost pull. You'll get a puff of blue smoke from the exhaust. Or if there totally gone it will smoke all the time, even on idle.

Had this in the thread I created. No smoke on start up. And was told once running valve stems would rarely continue to smoke. Few said vs more said Ts inc Jurgen. But I'll see what evo tune say.

Could be piston rings mate. Or turbos.

When you boost hard on the second turbo does it kick out a lot of smoke on the rundown?

Very sad indeed Matt - I suspect he has one of those Primeras in that case, eh??:D

He has a dirty filthy Datsun... Traitor

Back off you 2. Just moved with the times that's all. I'm still dicking about with everyone else's supra so don't worry about that.

I can make yours go fast Matt, no problem at all. I could also make yours work properly Andrew.

Did I mention my Datson works fine and it goes fast ;)

Any one else want a dyno run? We could do with a few more, doesnt have to be a supra if you have a mate that want a run they are welcome along,

Anyone fancy a drive out to a nice location to get some good pics of all the cars together afterwards? Just a short drive nowt extreme

i mite call down with the n/a to see what it pushing but it depends if i can get the little things done before santa pod in october

Good man, you want adding to the list then Graham?

Me and Amy are up for this. Both NA's looking to see what power they're producing before we both go NA-T.

Nice one Dazzi, x2 to be added to the list :thumbs:

1) Safcdixon.

2) Shaz2010.

3) Tonz

4) kitch79

5) supra_ufo (could be in the bodyshop)

6) karl

7) JayJay1374

8) Hodge

9) Jk90

10)Dazzi

11)Amy