jon_dragon

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
He said that a brake line had worn though and fluid was leaking onto something warm. Last time I checked, brake fluid isnt as flamable as that seeing as its boiling point is about 260C

I rekon he's upped his fuel pressure with a remap and one of his fuel pipes burst. anyway. I found the last pictures of my old hard top...

Brake fluid burns very well.

DOT 4's auto ignition temp is 300 c apparently, if squirted onto a hot wheel disc or engine manifold it

will ignite.

I'd get a rad cowl fitted as your viscous fan isn't very effective without one

Im getting one from Keron next week if he's got one. I've not noticed much difference in temp without it but then its getting warmer outside now.

Also, my girlfriends parents used to have a cat which one night slept on the engine of their van which didnt have a fan shroud. When the engine got started in the morning the cat got startled and lept off the engine into the fan.

Im getting one from Keron next week if he's got one. I've not noticed much difference in temp without it but then its getting warmer outside now.

Also, my girlfriends parents used to have a cat which one night slept on the engine of their van which didnt have a fan shroud. When the engine got started in the morning the cat got startled and lept off the engine into the fan.

Ouch...

• 2 weeks later...
He was a good photographer before he got incarserated.

Is he still picking up the soap? I'd like to know more details but I know what he got done for.

Another update,

Got some facelift rear lights off the girlfriend for my birthday which is in June but she's let me have them early! Bonus!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/jon_dragon/Aerotop/4DC25058-CD2D-4313-B269-9DC868E3715D_zps4riblpk4.jpg

Nice car and a lot of work gone into it. Facelift rears are lovely.

No idea. Was 9 months originally but that's passed now. Don't think any I us have heard anything since the sentencing.

Thanks :-) there has been a lot of work involved but it's all worth it in the end. Still some more work to go before show season. New spoiler and a complete back end respray to come in the next 2 weeks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's great to see the old girl looking so good Jon :)

What an amazing transformation you have performed!!

I really never liked the old failside kit.

That's the only reason I let her go.

I did consider replacing myself but didn't have the finance or time to do it.

I would never have sold if it looked as good as it does now.

Actually looks so good now I want it back :drool:

Hope to see you and the car at a event at some point in the future

Great thread :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...