The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pulled over....again

Robzki

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rang a local place that has a vosa tester on site at various times, he went and asked whether he would test it and returned to tell me that the vosa inspecter had never heard of a db test on an exhaust, go figure.

So back where I started, rear shock has started knocking, trying to do 20 jobs at the same time at home to a deadline and haven't got time or the energy for this so sadly working on a for sale thread later. :(

Thanks for all help offered so far in this thread

Rob

i really havent got the time or inclination to buy and fit a stock system inc cats, its also not what I bought the Supra for. When the police use 'grey areas' to get convictions against law abiding citizens then tbh its just not worth the hassle. Police 1 Robzki 0.

If we lived in a crime free country without prats driving round like lunatics in boyed up saxos etc etc I would take it as one of those things. We have been the victims of crime numerous times and on most occasions the police have been next to useless. I have full respect for a lot of the police and believe they have a difficult job to do, following guidelines and paperwork to get convictions. Unfortunately this ones conduct is far from satisfactory.

I may calm down later but at the moment I pass the Supra parked outside everyday and am realising that I may have outgrown the hassles that go with supra ownership and may just buy a prius and become one of the faceless.

Just to add, I am with Chris on the noise levels on exhausts. It gets right on my wick to have my enjoyment ruined by someone feeling the need to let me know how powerful(or not) their car is.

Really appreciate the offer, great club spirit and probably 40% of why I love the supra. It passed the mot 3 or 4 days before he pulled her in with no issues.

Unfortunately mine is a TT, all of the cost of going bpu and enjoying the car would be sapped by another exhaust. Even if I forked out for the absolute quietest aftermarket I could get he would still pull her in.

Thanks again :thumbs:

I will get the known issues sorted with the car and make a decision then. Have the shocks to sort, just done the tensioner bearing. The last part of the plx guage install to do and numerous others that have been gathering dust, jun bonnet respray, speakers etc. then either the love will return and I'll just go and hand myself in and request a court appearance or sell up :(

Selling the car and buying another wont guarantee she wont be pulled in a different one. If he is out to get and recognises her he could be a top asshat and do it again. (I have read the time delay but it would be a real shame to sell the car to find that out)