The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first phone call from the police about my supra being too loud :(

supra_aero

I've got a 3" system waiting to go on and a double decat pipe to fit soon...I leave the house at 6:30am daily so I'm obviously looking into ways to dampen the sound as to not annoy the already annoyed neighbors *some might remember the My supra is apparently too big thread*

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'l NA with 2nd decat and live on a street with young kids and I work at 5am nearly every morning so I'm always worried mine will wake them up and annoy the parents (including my own). Luckily I live on a hill so roll it down and start the engine round the corner. I also have some twat with a stupidly loud golf that likes to redline his car everytime he drives past so takes alot of pressue off me.

Plus my neighbours love the car :D

Oh and everybody at JAE 2013 can confirm my car is LOUD!!!

Edited by Ross C (see edit history)

I have a 3in rsr system on my na and it's loud as hell I live on an estate with blue rinse brigade around me and young families at the other end I drive through in second on tickover and I've had residents come up to me and say thanks for being respectful to everyone I would have a Db test done then make some changes if it needs it ;)

I used to live on a terraced street, I used to get my car egg'd on a regular basis. So I took it apon myself to type out a letter for every house on the street asking them to politely stop doing so. Word soon got out between neighbours as to who was doing it. So I wrote them a nice personal letter saying that you need to be carefull as to who you tell about your antics as word soon gets round and If the abuse doesnt stop to my car I will be taking it further and not involving the police. I let them know what car they drove so I knew what vehicle retaliate on. Funny enough the egg'ing stopped immediatey. Wankers. Needless to say when I moved house I got my payback that morning.

Anyone actually used one of these before? At £20 it's bound to be worth a punt?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Exhaust-Baffle-Bung-Fits-Jap-Style-Removable-Universal-Db-Killer-/220995418326#ht_1387wt_1399

A tail pipe bung will lower the noise levels but it's a bit of a bodge and they have a noticeable effect on performance. Granted it's more expensive but a second silencer welded into the mid pipe will lower noise levels far better without effecting performance.

A tail pipe bung will lower the noise levels but it's a bit of a bodge and they have a noticeable effect on performance. Granted it's more expensive but a second silencer welded into the mid pipe will lower noise levels far better without effecting performance.

Nic would this also reduce drone noise you get on the motorway?!

Nic would this also reduce drone noise you get on the motorway?!

It should help, the Jetex silencer I fitted on the MR2 was small as space was quite limited, it no longer drones and has reduced levels so it'll pass track day limits. The Blitz NUR RX for the Supra - which is basically the same design as the NUR R - has a silencer on the mid pipe and is rated at 91DB. You'll need to check space and clearance underneath, a large oval silencer should significantly reduce the noise levels and drone.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)