The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Really Need help with a car please guys.

drew 007

Thanks for all the heads up and ideas guys it really is appreciated. :burp: thanks for taking the time out but to be honest i just want to be in a supra like yesterday as i got let down a couple of weeks ago by somebody of here (nice one!!!) :(….it was all good everything was going fine i sold my pride and joy sorted everything out then i received a TXT the night before going to view/buy the car saying….sorry i can't bring myself to sel…..nice one..so i sold my pride and joy for nothing? him sorry.

So with my car sold i need to be in a supra soon because I'm starting to look at other cars as i just can't find one that fits my bill (i look everyday) and the only reason i sold my old car was to get a supra. Nothing else. so its starting to piss me off not having one, and as said I'm starting to look at other cars that i really don't want. :sos:

I think I'm going to have to view this car talk to the owner etc…so to the guys that have said they will come with me il pm you to arrange the best time and date for both of us. :D

Many thanks,

Kind regards.

Edited by drew 007 (see edit history)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mate do not waste your time on this as others have said. Be patient and wait.

The last thing you want is to spunk all your initial outlay on a shed and then have continuous money problems for the foreseeable future trying to transform that shed into a marginally better summer house.

Do it right first time. I made the mistake with my first Supra and it took me a year to find my last one which was faultless in every way.

Looks like it has a Motec M600 ECU - If I was to buy this car I'd make sure I had at least £6/7k in the bank free for work to be carried out.

The VVTi's can be quite nasty if everything isn't setup correctly, one run without a decent ECU is going to give you problems so you are looking bet part of £3k to sort that out.

If the discs are no good then you are looking at quite a bit to replace them and pads etc.

I have made the mistake too with buying my first Supra with my heart, I was lucky but I missed a couple of good escapes prior!

The owner is on here but has only posted one post. And thats in this thread page one, user name…supra220bhp.

And as said he doesn't really know whats been done as he bought it like that? but surely you could remember certain things? or have the emails you sent regarding the car when you where interested in buying the car?? Like i say its just them bits that really puts me off the car. The not knowing!! so i was really hoping one of its former owners was on here to give me an insight to where the car has been and whats been done etc..

The search continues….

Jurgen will pull through mate it just takes a bit of time and luck, compared to a lot of people you have a great amount of money set aside to buy a car so try the buy once buy right method.

I have no doubt that sooner or later you will be in a nice low mileage great conditioned car fresh from Japan and this whole thread will fade into a lucky escape/distant afterthought.

Jurgen will pull through mate it just takes a bit of time and luck, compared to a lot of people you have a great amount of money set aside to buy a car so try the buy once buy right method.

I have no doubt that sooner or later you will be in a nice low mileage great conditioned car fresh from Japan and this whole thread will fade into a lucky escape/distant afterthought.

Yes but saying that I'm not lucky at all so il have to wait and see what turns up in the auctions as like i say i asked a few months ago now. Time isn't on my side.

This gives you a lot of room for improvements and paint with your budget. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?298982-tt-supra-1993-auto-blue-with-syvecs-ready-for-single-turbo

Im not looking for an automatic or an older supra i want the newest and the best spec my money will get me Graham if possible? and a genuine factory 6 speed no n/a made into a twin etc..

And then the colour….im quite a fussy person when it comes to cars so i know I'm going to be ott when it comes to spending this kind of money on A a car I've wanted for a while and B A car that replaces my old car. I search everyday once home from work looking for that one supra…i live in hope.:)

Edited by drew 007 (see edit history)

Luck doesn't come into it, that's roulette ;) Would you pop £10k on red ? if not why on earth

would you do it with a car.

Patience, doing your homework and walking away from cars that have zero history and will more

than likely cost you lots of money in the future if the present owner can't tell or show you

what has or hasn't been done to a car.

I don't see the harm in going to visit the car. As long as you go with a level head and road test the car etc. To be honest it sounds like it's had some money thrown at it. Motec, ap racing brakes etc so could be well built.

Make him an offer that allows you 3k to sort its issues. New disks & pads (check when there), clutch, ALL fluids changed, new tires as they will have flat spots, new battery, boost leak investigation, injectors out and cleaned, new plugs. After that its fingers crossed.

You need to drive it hard on the road test, change gear from 2nd to 3rd at really high rpm to check that synchro as that's and expensive fix.

The owner obviously doesn't have a clue what about the car which can mean great car for cheap because he took it off the road for a simple issue he didn't know how to sort or money pit. (I'm going with option 2).

Remember though that owning a single turbo is not like owning a BPU TT - it's a fuck load more fun but you need to understand how it works to keep it running. If your not bothered about owning a single then don't buy one.

Luck doesn't come into it, that's roulette ;) Would you pop £10k on red ? if not why on earth

would you do it with a car.

Patience, doing your homework and walking away from cars that have zero history and will more

than likely cost you lots of money in the future if the present owner can't tell or show you

what has or hasn't been done to a car.

Im referring to having good luck finding a car i like Dunk.

I don't see the harm in going to visit the car. As long as you go with a level head and road test the car etc. To be honest it sounds like it's had some money thrown at it. Motec, ap racing brakes etc so could be well built.

Make him an offer that allows you 3k to sort its issues. New disks & pads (check when there), clutch, ALL fluids changed, new tires as they will have flat spots, new battery, boost leak investigation, injectors out and cleaned, new plugs. After that its fingers crossed.

You need to drive it hard on the road test, change gear from 2nd to 3rd at really high rpm to check that synchro as that's and expensive fix.

The owner obviously doesn't have a clue what about the car which can mean great car for cheap because he took it off the road for a simple issue he didn't know how to sort or money pit. (I'm going with option 2).

Remember though that owning a single turbo is not like owning a BPU TT - it's a $#@! load more fun but you need to understand how it works to keep it running. If your not bothered about owning a single then don't buy one.

Thanks for the heads up buddy, The owner of the car isn't English so his english isn't the best!! hence the spelling of some parts. And the car was took of the road as the owner received a ban.