The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Precision Turbo's... Anyone in the UK that refurbs them?

ALG JOT

I know of the well known turbo companies out there and have contacted them but most of them.

But most of them are saying they either wouldn't touch them or be better of going direct due to specific parts not being available locally.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with getting these refurbished. If so who did you use and what was parts sourcing like for it.

I heard they can be done here if its just a simple refresh and balance. But anything more then there could be a really long wait on parts etc.

Thanks,

Alan

Trouble is, Garrett and BW can't compare to Precision for power and spool time, I'm a huge Precision fan, I wanted to fit them to my GTR but I just could not figure out which ones to go for, so played safe and fitted the Garrett GTX turbos that I knew fitted, it's the only thing I regret about my build. Precision FTW.

Trouble is, Garrett and BW can't compare to Precision for power and spool time, I'm a huge Precision fan, I wanted to fit them to my GTR but I just could not figure out which ones to go for, so played safe and fitted the Garrett GTX turbos that I knew fitted, it's the only thing I regret about my build. Precision FTW.

The billet Borg Warner's are really working now mate, 850bhp at the hubs on a 66mm with super fast spool up too. And you can buy one for under £1000 inc vat.

The billet Borg Warner's are really working now mate, 850bhp at the hubs on a 66mm with super fast spool up too. And you can buy one for under £1000 inc vat.

I know a man that's just about to change from one of them to a precision 6766, I'm betting it will make more power and spool faster.

I know a man that's just about to change from one of them to a precision 6766, I'm betting it will make more power and spool faster.

Bit hard to compare though unless it's on the same dyno, same mapper, same cams, manifold design, inlet manifold, etc etc. Put one on the same car and do a back to back test, if be very interested to see what the difference is.

Have you got a pressure map of that turbo Paul? I'd be interested in comparing it to the GTX series.

They don't have them I'm afraid, compressor maps are only available for off the shelf turbos normally. This is a Boostlab Borg Warner turbo, they just stick a billet comp wheel on the standard turbo.

I've just been informed that Borg Warner have just released there own off the shelf billet turbos though which should have comp maps available.

Bit hard to compare though unless it's on the same dyno, same mapper, same cams, manifold design, inlet manifold, etc etc. Put one on the same car and do a back to back test, if be very interested to see what the difference is.

All of the above is the same mate, only thing changing is the turbo.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am waiting to hear back from AET at the moment.

Agree with Jamie as well. I wanted to switch to Garrett for ease of repair but just love how quick this turbo spools. That being one of the main reasons i want to stick with it.

Will try OwenD now but i think you have all confirmed what i originally heard and that's how hard it is to actually have parts on the shelf for these. Waiting time i hear for parts is unreal direct from Precision...

i've had experience with the Precision and the garrett etc albeit not on supras yet and I'll agree there is a difference etc but not enough to make me change between the ease of repairs and cost of genuine garrett compared to the precision setups.

Although if the HTA turbos were just as easy to get replacements at the same prices I'd be going for the HTA GT3586r over the GTX3582r i'm planning on using currently.

Tim