The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Under glow on supra

neil

Before my time a bit but I was this ever a cool thing to do? Before chavs picked it up.

I'm sure there must have been a craze in Japan with highly modified cars having underglow.

When the first person did it, it was done for a WOW reaction and it worked. It then became a bit of an OTT look at shows etc where BGW and crazy paintwork was the big thing.

Then people in their corsas started doing it and it collapsed, even for most OTT guys :D

Before my time a bit but I was this ever a cool thing to do? Before chavs picked it up.

I'm sure there must have been a craze in Japan with highly modified cars having underglow.

Still is a BIG craze for neon's. LED flashing lights etc, just not seen over here as much

have a look at these

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xej9-2IWrnw

Technically speaking, under car neons with red light facing to the rear and white/amber light facing to the front do actually comply with UK regulations, but nobody's bothered doing it AFAIK.

We need to find a rebellious, conformist...!!

Ignore the nay sayers, I think it looks boss :cool:

Well said. I dropped my keys under the car once and these would have helped massively. "shit off" to all you haters.

H.

Tbh I've never minded neons that much, If you like it and don't mind people staring, laughing or possibly enjoying it then I guess it doesn't matter what others think :)

But It never ceases to amaze me though at what other people think looks great to them, I assume from your eyes that you think your supra looks perfect, but I'd say most would think its tacky & extremely chavvy, and would presume you to be a complete knob :D and I'll be honest I would think all those things If I saw you driving that :D

They are only illegal if the light is strobing , flashing or pulsing and is clearly on show where it can blind other drivers

If its just a glow then they should be fine, the only problem can arrise is if you crashed into someone or they crashed into you they can say "they where distracted by the glow" I had them 11 years ago on my blue corsa and the traffic branch all over Northern Ireland said the exact same thing so I went everywhere with them turned on and never received a fine :)

I still like them but they are the past:D but fair play for sticking them on :)

Edited by Darragh (see edit history)

They are only illegal if the light is strobing , flashing or pulsing and is clearly on show where it can blind other drivers

If its just a glow then they should be fine, the only problem can arrise is if you crashed into someone or they crashed into you they can say "they where distracted by the glow" I had them 11 years ago on my blue corsa and the traffic branch all over Northern Ireland said the exact same thing so I went everywhere with them turned on and never received a fine :)

I still like them but they are the past:D but fair play for sticking them on :)

It's very much a grey area. But, as far as the law is concerned you can be done for anything other than the correct colours emanating from your car. As already stated that's red at the rear, amber at the side and white at the front.

Blue under car neons are illegal, whether the cops do you... or don't really understand the ruling... is debatable.

It's very much a grey area. But, as far as the law is concerned you can be done for anything other than the correct colours emanating from your car. As already stated that's red at the rear, amber at the side and white at the front.

Blue under car neons are illegal, whether the cops do you... or don't really understand the ruling... is debatable.

Different ball game across this side of the pond :) but I do understand what your saying as I got tortured for having blue LED side lights in the corsa but nothing about the neons haha