The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Want buy supra mk4 from Ireland.

Guest TDSEREK

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be nice to see who worked/mapped the car, they would be my main concerns with a single purchases. It'd be so easy to ring those people and have a talk about the car. Tbh there have been a few Irish ads that are stupid recently, maybe there is something in the air.....

A nice "V6" one for you.

This one had 320bhp as well, but he edited the ad lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

U are lucky u never bought this car mate engine is done in. had it stripped drop to cheack it and found this IMG_20140111_202843.jpgIMG_20140111_204004.jpg

Remnants of thrust bearings. Or simply put, a scrap stroker crank and a scrap block. A scrap oil pump. A BIG bill :(

To be brutally honest, a supposed race engine (or any rebuilt engine) with all that silicone goo oozing out the side of the sump pan would make me

run away, just from a quick look on the ramp. If it oozes out on the outside, it oozes out on the inside, and chokes the strainer as it breaks away.

Looks like the thrusts were put in backwards, with the steel backing to the crank, and the bearing material to the block. Maybe...

Remnants of thrust bearings. Or simply put, a scrap stroker crank and a scrap block. A scrap oil pump. A BIG bill :(

To be brutally honest, a supposed race engine (or any rebuilt engine) with all that silicone goo oozing out the side of the sump pan would make me

run away, just from a quick look on the ramp. If it oozes out on the outside, it oozes out on the inside, and chokes the strainer as it breaks away.

Looks like the thrusts were put in backwards, with the steel backing to the crank, and the bearing material to the block. Maybe...

One word, ouch.

I really do wish I had your knowledge Chris. Just by looking at the side of a sump pan you can see potential warnings.

Did I hear a toilet flush?

Is it still ok to send u the parts that look like they can be saved