The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance for 24 year old.

scottybennoch

Hi guys im new to this site and was just lookong for some advice. I currently own a astra vxr n am looking at gettin a supra tt as a nice weekend car and a bit of a project. Im 24 and have 2 years no claims and i cant get anythin better that £4000 as an insurance quote and ive got no points or anythinh on my liceanse. This is on a comparision website. So was just wondering if there is any onsurance companies you would think could beat that or if thats the best im goin to get? .

Any help would be much appriciated

Thanks scott

Hi! Welcome to the club!

I use Elephant an have done since I brought my supra at 18. My policy then was only £2350 and now it's only £890.

Try confused.com with you as the main driver and policy holder and two named drivers who have more experience-no crashes or points on there too.

Yeah something is a little odd there as I'm 24 and paying £675 all mods declared on an import tt, but saying that I have 6 years no claims and the postcode loves to play a part. It won't be cheap but can't imagine it being £4k! As above try the companies suggested they seem to be the winners at the minute.

I've found that comparisson sites sometimes aren't brilliant for younger drivers with a car that isn't well known (to the general population lol).

It seems to get it on a classic policy you have to be 30 yrs old now, try LWIB but i think they might

only cover you if your 25 yrs + but worth the call.

You can also check your postcode online and see if your sleepy little village is actually good as far

as ins goes, my postcode is very good but literally 100 yards up the road in the next postcode its crap !!!

You can also check your postcode online and see if your sleepy little village is actually good as far

as ins goes, my postcode is very good but literally 100 yards up the road in the next postcode its crap !!!

Thats a good tip - where is a good place to check postcodes online?

£4000 is insane really.

I'm 24 with 6 years no claims driving (some of which were as a named driver on my Mum's insurance) and Admiral have honoured them. It's under a 4 car multi-car policy and I pay just under £500 a year.

I drive a stock UK TT.

Postcode will have a big effect on price.

I had my first car stolen from work and then after that i was a named driver on my dads insurance and then me and my gf shared a car so i was a named driver on her insurance because it was cheaper for us.

I'd ring your current insurer and get a direct quote.

Guest Knightrider1980

Welcome to the club dude, in all fairness due to your age and the supra being a 3ltr TT you are going to struggle trying to find cheap insurance, when i was 24 i had an FTO come from japan fully modified and was quoted just over 2k, once i got the supra and it just being an NA at 27 i was quoted just over 1 and half thousand, only now with 5 years NCB and aged 33 do i see an improvement in price and being quoted fully comp with Flux Direct for over 450 quid.