The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mantis Instant Shine - Made paint bubble

Wazz72

Hi,

Im just wondering what to do. My partner has just sprayed on some Mantis Instant Shine (JML) that she bought from Sainsburys, after about 2 mins of rubbing it in on the bonnet she called me to tell me that her paintwork was bubbling. Not believing her I went over to see, and couldnt believe my eyes. Wherever she has sprayed it, the paint has started to bubble underneath.

I have taken some pictures, but am wondering who to complain to first Sainsburys or Mantis themselves, fro ruining the paintwork on the bonnet of her car.

Does anybody have any Ideas, or have you seen this type of reaction before? I have attached some pics below.

shot2.jpgshot1.jpg

Holy sh#tballs!! That's horrendous sainsbury would just be the suppliers but I would be letting them know as they may take it off their shelves. There must be contact info on the bottle to email a monumental rant to. Take as many pics as you can also get an email address for sainsbury to send an additional complaint about a product they have for sale.

Tell them you are going to the papers about it before other people use it on their cars. Tell them you want a full respray!!!

Sainsbury's are your first contact, as they sold you the product, it's there responsibility

not always the case dude, ive looked up on this before purely through curiosity of what would be the case if a tyre faild through manufacturing fault causing a car damage . apparently falls on the shoulders of the manufacturer.