The mkiv Supra Owners Club

info about a supra for sale?

samtialou

Guys im not gonna bother with this one now! i rang the guy this morning because i too was confused as to if he dealer or private, he advertised as private but at bottom of his ad he put px welcome, so i made the call, told him what i had an he said he might be interested for his wife, so he checked out my spec an came back with a REDICULOUSLY low price for my car, told him no chance as 'we buy any car offered more than that'! (an we all know they take the P**S lol he said sorry to disappoint 10 mins ago....an thats that!

Ugly and well overpriced imo theres better spec'd supras for sale on here for A.less money B. better condition And C. Has genuine traceable history aswell as the other things like what Havard has said above above

As its a 97 it should have a V161 (I think. It should be a six speed box in there) so the £4k is worth it IMO. Body back to stock, and a TT transplant, and for circa £7k including the cost of the car, you have a TT6!!! ;)

As its a 97 it should have a V161 (I think. It should be a six speed box in there) so the £4k is worth it IMO. Body back to stock, and a TT transplant, and for circa £7k including the cost of the car, you have a TT6!!! ;)

The ad says 5 speed so I'm guessing the box has been swapped out at some point.

This. Not sure at what point in 97 they changed from 5 to 6 speed. My 96 NA was a 5 speed.

The NA facelift Supra was introduced May 1996 they were fitted with the 6spd gearbox. A photo of the VIN plate would show which gearbox was factory fitted. It's either started life as an auto and been converted to 5spd or has had the 6spd removed (probably sold on separately) and swapped for a 5spd,

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

The NA facelift Supra was introduced May 1996 they were fitted with the 6spd gearbox. A photo of the VIN plate would show which gearbox was factory fitted. It's either started life as an auto and been converted to 5spd or has had the 6spd removed (probably sold on separately) and swapped for a 5spd,

My old NA facelift was the last of the 5 speeds though. The VIN plate confirmed it was fitted at the factory.